Does anyone know?

Help Support CattleToday:

Lovana!

A blast from the past!

One of the great 3-breed composites to slip through the AAA doors.

mtnman

Mtnman,

Do you plan on offering any evidence that Lovana was a crossbred bull, or was this just a "drive by"??

I for one am tired of your accusations.

Just because he has a registration paper doesn't mean he is pure.

And the reverse is true also, just because someone says an animal is unpure doesn't make it true, either.

Let's just say I saw some convincing evidence on the bull.

Maybe there was a reason both he and his sire were tested for genetic defects?

Not a "drive by", I just don't get to the computer very often during the wintertime and calving season. I saw this one and thought I would add my 2 cents.

mtnman

mtnman:

You are obviously in "the know" and everyone else is inthe dark. Please share with us your experience with Lovana. My understanding is that he tested genetic defect free. Of course, this status does not not prove one way or the other as to his purebred ancestry. Since you brought it up, I hope you can educate some of us that are less enlightened. While you are at it, I would like to hear more about Scotch Cap, a bull you questioned on here a few days ago. They are two of the best bulls of their era. If you get around to it, I would like to for you to tell us which bulls you think are the best Angus bulls from their era and I would be especialy interested in your personal experience with them. I am of the impression that you don't know what you are talking about, but I welcome the your efforts to try to dispel my belief.

"Best" is a relative term.

The purebred folks I do business with avoid them like the plague.

mtnman

Here's a son of Lovana that was National Reserve Champion, I believe in 1986. Do you like him? Do you like him a lot?

Lovana4copy.jpg

No, I do not like him. I bet he had a momma and I bet I wouldn't like her either. In fact, I didn't like any of the bulls who won at the major shows in 1986. My point about Lovana, Scotch Cap and the other bulls I mentioned is that Lovana and Scotch Cap were the best of the widely used bulls of the time. Lovana and Scotch Cap were moderate framed compared to the others I mentioned. I would like to hear of better bulls from that time frame.

MikeC":2o2187ic said:
Here's a son of Lovana that was National Reserve Champion, I believe in 1986. Do you like him? Do you like him a lot?

Lovana4copy.jpg
thats where adding too much frame can get you. a frame in leather .he's got a sheath like a brangus and a body like a poor steer. how the heck did this one make it that far? must of been alot of palms greased with this one

Latest posts