Does anyone know of a website for shipping cattle?

Help Support CattleToday:

CKSGelbvieh

Reaction score
Is there a message board or website out their that helps people hook up for trucking cattle? I just bought a bull in Tennessee that I need to get to Iowa and outside of Uship, I am not sure if there is anywhere to check that I could find someone to hire to bring him here or if I could find a load that needs to go down there I would go myself. Anyone know of any place on the web?

oscar p":2wbde3mh said:
Where in Tennessee? to where in Iowa? Bought a new dodge 1 ton and would be interested in a road trip.
Cookeville, TN to Colo, IA. Was hoping to find either a load to take to TN with me to help offset gas expense or someone who was coming this way with an empty spot on their trailer whose gas I could help defer. Not really wanting to pay full going rate to have him brought up because I have the rig to go get him myself, just not wanting to take the time.

CKSGelbvieh":317tdchv said:
Is there a message board or website out their that helps people hook up for trucking cattle? I just bought a bull in Tennessee that I need to get to Iowa and outside of Uship, I am not sure if there is anywhere to check that I could find someone to hire to bring him here or if I could find a load that needs to go down there I would go myself. Anyone know of any place on the web?

CKS, did you buy that red bull out of Masterpiece 138L ET?

HOSS":2ud5qqg1 said:
CKSGelbvieh":2ud5qqg1 said:

Yep. He arrived this afternoon at 2. Looks pretty solid for a 7 year old. Always wanted to use some Masterpiece bloodlines and semen is hard to find and he traces to one of my all time favorite cows, Trevor. Had the vet test him for trich today and as soon as he gets his legs back under him after his long ride and I get the results back, he will head out to pasture. My bulls have been out for six weeks, but about 20 percent of my cows traditionally will still be open yet. Going to run him with 60 pairs for a month and let him catch the last 10 head or so.

CKSGelbvieh":3bokkh1d said:
HOSS":3bokkh1d said:
CKSGelbvieh":3bokkh1d said:

Yep. He arrived this afternoon at 2. Looks pretty solid for a 7 year old. Always wanted to use some Masterpiece bloodlines and semen is hard to find and he traces to one of my all time favorite cows, Trevor. Had the vet test him for trich today and as soon as he gets his legs back under him after his long ride and I get the results back, he will head out to pasture. My bulls have been out for six weeks, but about 20 percent of my cows traditionally will still be open yet. Going to run him with 60 pairs for a month and let him catch the last 10 head or so.

I saw him advertised locally. Very nice bull and in great shape for his age. At the price he was listed at you couldn't go wrong. If he had been black I would have snatched him up for resale :cowboy: When you metioned Cookeville I figured there was a good chance that this was the bull. Congrats on your purchase and I hope he works out well for you. He will just have to get used to ya'lls winters though :lol2:

HOSS":1alobhjf said:
I saw him advertised locally. Very nice bull and in great shape for his age. At the price he was listed at you couldn't go wrong. If he had been black I would have snatched him up for resale :cowboy: When you metioned Cookeville I figured there was a good chance that this was the bull. Congrats on your purchase and I hope he works out well for you. He will just have to get used to ya'lls winters though :lol2:

He has some sons there that are 9 months in age and some are black. Would be an interesting outcross black. He prices the bull calves very reasonable as well and needs to get some more animals sold to get ready to buy feed as his pasture (like many others) is burning up.

I added the big boy to my other five herd bulls. Did not necessarily need him, but I will find a way to utilize him. He was priced very fair but it cost me a decent chunk of change to get him delivered. Really did not want to make that drive.

TennesseeTuxedo":3cmhqo2a said:
I find it very interesting that he held up so well after such a long drive in this heat. Was he all alone or in a group?

Would a trailer load of cows fair just as well?
He was riding in his own compartment and was picked up at 10 at night and delivered at noon. The driver wanted to drive through the night to avoid the heat for him. Hired her through UShip.

Latest posts