Do your steers make the cut?

Help Support CattleToday:

Yes they will in deed. Breeding is about 90% based on looks, and real world attributes. No $EN, CEM, or other nonsense in pigs.
Either make the cut, or get cut.

sim.-ang.king said:
So what makes that 44 farms cow worth 500k?
For that price I would think her bag would be in better shape, and we would be able to see her feet.

But sim, it's Angus!
Prefix

Ebenezer said:
sim.-ang.king said:
For that price I would think her bag would be in better shape, and we would be able to see her feet.

But sim, it's Angus!
Prefix

That's why you guys don't own her and someone who knows how to fully market her does? Have you ever heard of ET? That cow will pay for herself a few times over selling eggs.

When you sell a cow for $500k, I will listen to your comments on her bag, and her feet. I will be all ears.

My neighbor Charlie Boyd has sold registered Angus cows in the six figures, which I'm nearly certain would not have reached your strict quality levels, but people that have bought them have gone on to do VERY WELL with those cows.

sim.-ang.king said:
Forgive me, for I have sinned.

Show pigs are pretty high roller these days.

39995968323_fdd60fc701_h.jpg

Don't hold me to this, but I think a family in our county by the name of Watson, sold a hog (excuse me, I don't know the exact term) in China for $250k a few years back. He was a prized sire. I think they sent him over there Fedex.

************* said:
[

When you sell a cow for $500k, I will listen to your comments on her bag, and her feet. I will be all ears.

Shoot, I had a million dollar cow. Traded her for 3 $200K chickens and a $400k cow dog. Still got the dog, can't afford to sell her.

************* said:
Ebenezer said:
sim.-ang.king said:

But sim, it's Angus!
Prefix

That's why you guys don't own her and someone who knows how to fully market her does? Have you ever heard of ET? That cow will pay for herself a few times over selling eggs.

My neighbor Charlie Boyd has sold registered Angus cows in the six figures, which I'm nearly certain would not have reached your strict quality levels, but people that have bought them have gone on to do VERY WELL with those cows.

Well when you get your head out of where the sun don't shine, I will be all ears as to why you think her bag, and feet get a pass.

I've bantered back and forth with you and Ebenezer for a while now. You both are HIGHLY CRITICAL of nearly every animal in the breed.

Could you please give us all here on CT a list of the embryos you have for sale, or semen, and the EPD's associated with them? We all may be missing something that you both have squirreled away from the cattle world. Hidden animals you own that will change the breed forever!

It can only help you if you do this. Who knows ABS and Select Sires may be calling you tonight to buy your bulls for AI stud.

As for 44 Ruby 2357. With all due respect, I would follow the program at 44 Farms any day of the week over what the two of you are doing. I won't' preface it "with all due respect" because neither one of you offer it to other people on this thread.

I'm sure if you were in the horse business, you both would say "American Pharoah? that horse doesn't deserve the acclaim it has, I've seen lots of horses in the pasture that I like better, even some mules"

Branded is there a reason that you do not answer questions that are asked of you? You answer questions that were only brought up by you. It makes it impossible to carry on a conversation that you started. :roll:

Go back through the thread, I have answered your questions. I have not started questioning you guys with the tough questions, ones that would be uncomfortable and I'm nearly certain you guys would be like crickets with, but I have answered nearly everything that has been asked of me, whether it is ridiculous or not. It's up to you to figure out what I'm doing with my operation without me telling you every last detail. Who does that in the seed stock business? Tell me what registered seed stock producer you know of that has answered or provided as much information as I have. None that I know of.

************* said:
Go back through the thread, I have answered your questions. I have not started questioning you guys with the tough questions, ones that would be uncomfortable and I'm nearly certain you guys would be like crickets with, but I have answered nearly everything that has been asked of me, whether it is ridiculous or not. It's up to you to figure out what I'm doing with my operation without me telling you every last detail. Who does that in the seed stock business? Tell me what registered seed stock producer you know of that has answered or provided as much information as I have. None that I know of.

That's a fact.

Show animals sell all the time for 6 figures. I'm pretty sure the companies buying these animals aren't doing it to make money on the stock. It's all a marketing ploy. Same thing goes on with fancy horses. I be willing to bet allot of the time money never changes hands. AI and ET are old technology at this point, time to start cloning to speed things up.

************* said:
Your not the first to be grilled on this forum, use to be a grill fest everyday of the week in years past. Search back to a few years ago, when this forum was more a cattle forum, and less a Facebook extension, and you will find you are nothing special.
Come on an open forum touting knowledge, and that you are the greatest, and you should expect to be grilled.

I don't like fluff, have no need for it in my life.
Just the facts is all I need.
Your words are full of fluff.
Answer people plainly, with stats, and facts, and without the fluff.
Then you will find people are much more tolerable in this world.
If they won't listen to you even after all of the facts are presented, just walk away. It will be their loss.

Good luck.
And good night.

Seen some of those high priced cows sell here and there. Seen one sell once for a fairly decent amount of money. Seen her sell a couple of years later pretty dang cheap. If you had 500k in a cow it sure would be embarrassing to have to cull her.

Red Bull Breeder said:
Seen some of those high priced cows sell here and there. Seen one sell once for a fairly decent amount of money. Seen her sell a couple of years later pretty dang cheap. If you had 500k in a cow it sure would be embarrassing to have to cull her.

I'd say that happens from time to time.

sim.-ang.king said:
************* said:
Your not the first to be grilled on this forum, use to be a grill fest everyday of the week in years past. Search back to a few years ago, when this forum was more a cattle forum, and less a Facebook extension, and you will find you are nothing special.
Come on an open forum touting knowledge, and that you are the greatest, and you should expect to be grilled.

I don't like fluff, have no need for it in my life.
Just the facts is all I need.
Your words are full of fluff.
Answer people plainly, with stats, and facts, and without the fluff.
Then you will find people are much more tolerable in this world.
If they won't listen to you even after all of the facts are presented, just walk away. It will be their loss.

Good luck.
And good night.

Thanks

************* said:
You both are HIGHLY CRITICAL of nearly every animal in the breed.
Please prove this statement or it is slander.

I'm sure if you were in the horse business, you both would say "American Pharoah? that horse doesn't deserve the acclaim it has, I've seen lots of horses in the pasture that I like better, even some mules"
Racing donkeys. They win by an ear or two. :)

Ebenezer said:
************* said:

Are you not critical? Have not heard you speak favorably of other operations or Angus sires and dams that I have posted on here. You nearly always find fault with them, but I have never seen you speak well of them. That's a fact.

************* said:
Ebenezer said:
************* said:

Are you not critical? Have not heard you speak favorably of other operations or Angus sires and dams that I have posted on here. You nearly always find fault with them, but I have never seen you speak well of them. That's a fact.
Might want to work on your reading comprehension.