Do all Texas folks think like this?

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":1yd2iaht said:
I nosed around on their site a little while hoping to find a debate on Obama's fly cruelty and I gotta wonder where on earth do these people get such strange views on things.
liberals.....................these type folks well cause or nation too become so weak,, we well be at any countries mercy, its that simple..

KaitlinLego":shbbcaji said:
They want cattle, hogs, cats, dogs, etc. to all be sterilized and let die natural deaths until there are no more.

Good luck with that. I seriously doubt that will ever happen. I agree about the letting them starve statment. If they
don't want people to farm, then dont. Then they will be forced to change their opinions on AG becuase
they willl have no food. AG jobs make up only 2% of the job work field, yet they feed the whole country, and other countries.
That's pretty amazing. They need to look past the fact that we are "killing innocent animals" and look at the fact that the only reason humans are on Earth is becuase they ate animals to survive. I don't believe killing animals such as horses, dogs, cats, and even some birds is right. But beef cattle, dairy cattle, pigs, goats, sheep, chickens, they are raised for providing food. That's how it is.

Whats wrong with killing and eating horses,dogs,cats, and birds?

EAT BEEF":3m2hbjxi said:
KaitlinLego":3m2hbjxi said:
They want cattle, hogs, cats, dogs, etc. to all be sterilized and let die natural deaths until there are no more.

Good luck with that. I seriously doubt that will ever happen. I agree about the letting them starve statment. If they
don't want people to farm, then dont. Then they will be forced to change their opinions on AG becuase
they willl have no food. AG jobs make up only 2% of the job work field, yet they feed the whole country, and other countries.
That's pretty amazing. They need to look past the fact that we are "killing innocent animals" and look at the fact that the only reason humans are on Earth is becuase they ate animals to survive. I don't believe killing animals such as horses, dogs, cats, and even some birds is right. But beef cattle, dairy cattle, pigs, goats, sheep, chickens, they are raised for providing food. That's how it is.

i always thought it had a funny wang taste to it..kinda like lamb or mutton

Not birds as in Chickens, Quail, and Turkey. Birds as in African Greys and such. I don't think killing dogs, horses, cats, etc. is right because in my mind they are companion animals over meat animals. Dog's and horses save people's lives. Yes, at one time they were used for the exact same thing as all the other animals, meat. But in my mind it is wrong to kill such animals sicne not many people in the USA eat them. Don't get my statement confused with me being liberal, I am most certainly not, I just dont think killing those animals is right since most people in the USA dont eat them.

KaitlinLego":dz4dff3w said:

Not birds as in Chickens, Quail, and Turkey. Birds as in African Greys and such. I don't think killing dogs, horses, cats, etc. is right because in my mind they are companion animals over meat animals. Dog's and horses save people's lives. Yes, at one time they were used for the exact same thing as all the other animals, meat. But in my mind it is wrong to kill such animals sicne not many people in the USA eat them. Don't get my statement confused with me being liberal, I am most certainly not, I just dont think killing those animals is right since most people in the USA dont eat them.

On the horses, what do you think about the plants that take old or unwanted horses and slaughter them for dog or cat food? You don't think this is wrong do you? If you do, what is the alternative?

KaitlinLego":15tgyx63 said:

I dont think there is anything wrong with killing horses, cats or dogs. I personally dont want to eat a horse, cat of dog (the first two cause I doubt they'd taste all that great the last one because old Fido would be hard to swallow). But nothing wrong with euthanizing any of those animals.

I do think its not right to shoot endangered animals though. Maybe I have a bit of inner hippie in me that comes out over that sort of stuff.

On the horses, what do you think about the plants that take old or unwanted horses and slaughter them for dog or cat food?

That's fine. I personally don't feed my dog the cheap dog foods that use this meat, but it is an alternative. We have our horses
turned to fertilizer. I'm saying I personally wouldnt EAT these animals. I just wouldn't be able to do it. They arent raised for meat, so i find eating them wrong. Cattle are raised for meat, chickens are raised for meat, but old horses that just don't have it in them anymore, or stray dogs that got abandoned on chinese streets, they were not raised for meat. I should have corrected my frist statement. I do not thinking EATING these animals are right. Horses are used for fertilizer, and canned pet foods. But dogs.... whats the use in killing them?

KaitlinLego":2fopaku3 said:
On the horses, what do you think about the plants that take old or unwanted horses and slaughter them for dog or cat food?

That's fine. I personally don't feed my dog the cheap dog foods that use this meat, but it is an alternative. We have our horses
turned to fertilizer. I'm saying I personally wouldnt EAT these animals. I just wouldn't be able to do it. They arent raised for meat, so i find eating them wrong. Cattle are raised for meat, chickens are raised for meat, but old horses that just don't have it in them anymore, or stray dogs that got abandoned on chinese streets, they were not raised for meat. I should have corrected my frist statement. I do not thinking EATING these animals are right. Horses are used for fertilizer, and canned pet foods. But dogs.... whats the use in killing them?

I understand what you are saying now and I agree with you. I'm not eating a cat or a dog. I might eat a horse if it tasted really good but if it tastes like chicken I'll stick with chicken.

Jogeephus":olxl1faq said:
KaitlinLego":olxl1faq said:

I understand what you are saying now and I agree with you. I'm not eating a cat or a dog. I might eat a horse if it tasted really good but if it tastes like chicken I'll stick with chicken.

As you know, we will eat most anything on the planet if we are hungry enough, including each other. Some people have been sheltered and do not understand what it means to go without food for a week. They are sheltered from reality and form opinions based upon non-reality.

KaitlinLego":4qeqxd1w said:

Just depends on where you were raised. In Vietnam a dog is a great delicacy. The french love their horse meat. People in Africa love grubs and insects....rub their bodies with manure....People in the southern USA use to eat about anything that didn't eat them first. Many still do. My wife would choke at the thought of eating a squirrel but I was raised on them. Meat is meat. Get hungry enough and you might find those "pets" taste pretty darn good. Everything becomes a potential meal. Personally I could probably eat a horse or a rat much easier than I could eat a big plate of spinach. (Where's that puke emoticon???)

TexasBred":4yvxv0tc said:
KaitlinLego":4yvxv0tc said:

Just depends on where you were raised. In Vietnam a dog is a great delicacy. The french love their horse meat. People in Africa love grubs and insects....rub their bodies with manure....People in the southern USA use to eat about anything that didn't eat them first. Many still do. My wife would choke at the thought of eating a squirrel but I was raised on them. Meat is meat. Get hungry enough and you might find those "pets" taste pretty darn good. Everything becomes a potential meal. Personally I could probably eat a horse or a rat much easier than I could eat a big plate of spinach. (Where's that puke emoticon???)
spinach is ok if you soak it with pepper suace.. i eat enough tree rats and dumplin' as a kid it want bother me a bit if i never eat another ;-)

Ok...I'll jump in here...lol.

Any number of Southern people (as well as others needing food) since day one have killed and eaten coon, squirrel, opossum, armadillo, jackrabbit, snake, crayfish (giant scorpion...lol), and other things. Illinoisians have a potluck called "Burgoo" (pretty much anything that moves or grows for the "catch or fetch" of the day).

Rember Alfred Packer and his bunch crossing the Rockies? When push comes to shove, the survivors will eat about anything, including humans that just died. Canabalism? No...Survival of the Survivors. Now, Jeffrey Dammer...that's another thing...LOL.

Then, there are the "Gourmet People" that seem to like things you step on and/or SSS. Snails, chocolate covered grasshoppers, and the Sushi craze. Let's not forget "1000 year old eggs", "birdnest soup", etc. Anyone for a parakeet sandwich?

Those who have watched "Survivor Man" have observed that when it's a matter or life or death, non-native people on expeditions will eat grubs, worms, spiders, scorpions, rats, bird bones, and who knows whatever. My answer to all that is STAY AWAY FROM PLACES that don't have "real" food...LOL! You couldn't pay me enough to subject myself to those situations...

Bill...when I was MUCH younger we use to go to the river camp and the rule was "you eat what you shoot". Well we had hawk, owl and an armadillo for dinner that night cooked in a stew. Wasn't really all that bad especially since I had probably drunk most of a case of beer off and on during the day.

TexasBred":24m8vs4n said:
Bill...when I was MUCH younger we use to go to the river camp and the rule was "you eat what you shoot". Well we had hawk, owl and an armadillo for dinner that night cooked in a stew. Wasn't really all that bad especially since I had probably drunk most of a case of beer off and on during the day.

We have the same rule but after last year's meal with the coyote I think there is room for exceptions. ;-) :nod: (even though it was soaked in a marmalade as my buddy calls it :lol2: )

I live in Plano Texas. It's a miracle I'm not a tree hugging liberal like most the other kids in my school.
It is one of the most politically coreect cities you will ever go to if you went. Soccer mommies who
woudl shudder at the though of spanking their kid to keep them from back talking. Luckily my Dad was raised in
Oklahoma, and then in east TX. I'm the MOST conservative of my friends. Now IMAGINE my friends. haha.

KaitlinLego":36p3n2p3 said:

I live in Plano Texas. It's a miracle I'm not a tree hugging liberal like most the other kids in my school.
It is one of the most politically coreect cities you will ever go to if you went. Soccer mommies who
woudl shudder at the though of spanking their kid to keep them from back talking. Luckily my Dad was raised in
Oklahoma, and then in east TX. I'm the MOST conservative of my friends. Now IMAGINE my friends. haha.
Have never been to Plano, but what you say surprises me
What makes the people there so PC?

As a rule most feral populations need to be controlled, and where possible, eliminated. Even species such as the English house sparrow has become a pest in southern Africa, displacing native finches and doing millions of dollars worth of damage to grain and fruit crops in some areas. The grey squirrel is a pest in the UK displacing the native red squirrel, and causing millions of pounds worth of damage to newly planted forest. Where possible, culled feral animals should be used, even if only for pet food, so as to create a market to help finance the controll of the target species, while not feral, our annual zebra cull went into salami production as the Italian company which bought the meat was struggling to source enough horse meat, a possible market opening for American feral horses? 'retired' horses in the UK usually end up in French and Belgian slaughter facilities, and the Brits are very attached to their horses, but common sense needs to prevail when we are faced with what to do with unwanted or surplus animals.

It's not so much the parents as it is the kids.
It's really popular to be liberal and extreme at school. i don't know why, I don't get it.

The parents its more like this. Everyone has to be "nice" whether its fake or not. And if your
not nice, well thats just not okay, haha. I think its mainly like this becuase people who move from
up North for jobs move here since its on the outskirts of Dallas. Plano has better schools than Dallas
and it is better for families. The actual amount of people in Plano who were born in Texas, is not as much as the natives.

KaitlinLego":2heyv62g said:

It's not so much the parents as it is the kids.
It's really popular to be liberal and extreme at school. i don't know why, I don't get it.The parents its more like this. Everyone has to be "nice" whether its fake or not. And if your
not nice, well thats just not okay, haha. I think its mainly like this becuase people who move from
up North for jobs move here since its on the outskirts of Dallas. Plano has better schools than Dallas
and it is better for families. The actual amount of people in Plano who were born in Texas, is not as much as the natives.
It frees oneself from the burden of being responsible for their own and places them onto everyone else.

Latest posts