Do all Texas folks think like this?

Help Support CattleToday:

Ryder":17w0asn0 said:
KaitlinLego":17w0asn0 said:

I live in Plano Texas. It's a miracle I'm not a tree hugging liberal like most the other kids in my school.
It is one of the most politically coreect cities you will ever go to if you went. Soccer mommies who
woudl shudder at the though of spanking their kid to keep them from back talking. Luckily my Dad was raised in
Oklahoma, and then in east TX. I'm the MOST conservative of my friends. Now IMAGINE my friends. haha.
Have never been to Plano, but what you say surprises me
What makes the people there so PC?

It's nickname is "Plastic City". $'s make it PC, supposedly :? Good thing KL has a Dad from OK and ET for a reality check.

Well :shock: This is what I think :nod: You Southern Folk are Waaaaay to mean to them woodland piggies. :cry2:

mnmtranching":29084sug said:
Well :shock: This is what I think :nod: You Southern Folk are Waaaaay to mean to them woodland piggies. :cry2:

You can't believe all you hear or read on the net. For instance, this picture I'm pretty sure was photoshpped and the pigs were merely being given a lift to town. :nod:

IMG_0579.jpg

KaitlinLego":1l9h414v said:
Have never been to Plano, but what you say surprises me
What makes the people there so PC?

It's not so much the parents as it is the kids.
It's really popular to be liberal and extreme at school. i don't know why, I don't get it.

The parents its more like this. Everyone has to be "nice" whether its fake or not. And if your
not nice, well thats just not okay, haha. I think its mainly like this becuase people who move from
up North for jobs move here since its on the outskirts of Dallas. Plano has better schools than Dallas
and it is better for families. The actual amount of people in Plano who were born in Texas, is not as much as the natives.

My daughter graduated from UTD. That whole area is a total wreck. You have my sympathy.

TexasBred":wr3pa38e said:
Bill...when I was MUCH younger we use to go to the river camp and the rule was "you eat what you shoot". Well we had hawk, owl and an armadillo for dinner that night cooked in a stew. Wasn't really all that bad especially since I had probably drunk most of a case of beer off and on during the day.

If you don't have to let it all sit out in the sun and age a few days, that still sounds more appealing that Angie's Lutefisk.

It's nickname is "Plastic City". $'s make it PC, supposedly Good thing KL has a Dad from OK and ET for a reality check.

Haha, I tell people I raise cattle and they go "Wait, like REAL cows?! Do they live in your backyard!?"

:? "Nooo, no they dont." haha

Yeah some people down here are rediculous. We have outrageous fines if our dog barks past 9pm.
ITS A DOG. It's gonna bark.

My daughter graduated from UTD. That whole area is a total wreck. You have my sympathy.

Thanks ;-)

KaitlinLego":ijs2n04c said:
It's nickname is "Plastic City". $'s make it PC, supposedly Good thing KL has a Dad from OK and ET for a reality check.

Haha, I tell people I raise cattle and they go "Wait, like REAL cows?! Do they live in your backyard!?"

:? "Nooo, no they dont." haha

Yeah some people down here are rediculous. We have outrageous fines if our dog barks past 9pm.
ITS A DOG. It's gonna bark.

Thanks ;-)

I hear ya! When some folks learn a person is from Texas they ask how many oil wells they have :lol2: . Remember that show "Dallas"? The whole show is based on oil money. Now check with the railroad commission on how many oil wells there are in Dallas County :help: . Plano does have some excellent schools. It's just some of the PC attitude that get's in the way is all.

I hear ya! When some folks learn a person is from Texas they ask how many oil wells they have

Does this mean your not my UNCLE? :shock: :cry: :cry2: :???:

Plano does have some excellent schools. It's just some of the PC attitude that get's in the way is all.

I just got done witht he hardest school in Plano. jasper High School. It's like a Prison. But it taught me well i guess, I now know how to find the area and different kinds of stuff for a sphere and who knwos what other kinds of shape. Don't know how that will help me in Vet School though. :lol:

As a native Texan, I'm familiar with most all of Texas. That aside...

Plano and other North Dallas burbs are in a separate country...let alone a separate "State" of Texas...lol. Lot of "new" money, over priced real estate, insane covenants, regulations, ordinances...you name it. Naive residents living there from other places, drawn there by the high dollar jobs in the DFW metroplex.

By the way...isn't Dallas a foreign country???

I'll take West Texas, thank you...lol.