Disc mower review

Help Support CattleToday:

dt34715":3dfom8rz said:
What are your thoughts on a Khun GMD 2850 TL?

You are looking at a pretty good mower. Two years ago I bought a used GMD313TG and have relly like it. The only problem on the left side we tried it through a 14 foot wide gate and tore the cover and frame up now off of the mower. This year I turned to close into a fence on the right side and tore the cover and frame off over there. Mechanical it has been pretty good. If I keep going with it it will need a bought get $3000 dollars or more in parts for the cutter bar. Which are the blade carriers. Skid shoes and some spacers that go between each skid shoe.

I have used a bunch of them over the years - all I have to say is this.........

When well maintained, well greased and oiled up properly with sharp knives - they all cut.

An amazing number of people do not do that and then complain when something goes wrong.

Whatever you have, look after it and it will look after you.

Cheers

Logar":3dvf8818 said:
I have used a bunch of them over the years - all I have to say is this.........

When well maintained, well greased and oiled up properly with sharp knives - they all cut.

An amazing number of people do not do that and then complain when something goes wrong.

Whatever you have, look after it and it will look after you.

Cheers
My late father always said the only way he had anything was taking care of what he had.

hurleyjd":3in8iw8q said:
dt34715":3in8iw8q said:
What are your thoughts on a Khun GMD 2850 TL?

You are looking at a pretty good mower. Two years ago I bought a used GMD313TG and have relly like it. The only problem on the left side we tried it through a 14 foot wide gate and tore the cover and frame up now off of the mower. This year I turned to close into a fence on the right side and tore the cover and frame off over there. Mechanical it has been pretty good. If I keep going with it it will need a bought get $3000 dollars or more in parts for the cutter bar. Which are the blade carriers. Skid shoes and some spacers that go between each skid shoe.
You drive a tractor like I do :oops:

I don't know if there is a bad one. Last two here were green, the new one is NH. I don't have anything bad to say about my experiences to this point.

Latest posts