Disc mower questions??

Help Support CattleToday:

Beefeater said:
Bought 7' NH disc mower couple years ago and love it. Doesn't see a lot of use - many on here cut more on a single cut than my whole season... It can be a slight pain to put on / off (15 minutes sometimes with a few trips to the cab). Not sure of exact weight, but it's real heavy. Don't think I'd want a 10' on anything less than 100hp without a caddy.

I'm glad others have some issues getting these disc mowers hooked up too. :D

I set mine on an old 8'x4' pallet so that I can move it with a skid/loader when I'm moving stuff in the shed. It also give me a little extra space for picking up with 3 pt.

I would not get anything shorter than 9' cut. The GMD 280 is what you need or at least the GMD28.

Bigfoot said:
Salesman made the Kuhn gmd 24 sound like a good one. $8950, seems like a fortune for one, but I guess it's not.

You bought anything yet?

Where did you price the Kuhn?

tom4018 said:
Bigfoot said:
Salesman made the Kuhn gmd 24 sound like a good one. $8950, seems like a fortune for one, but I guess it's not.

You bought anything yet?

Haven't bought yet. 8950 was in Clarksville. Said they'd deliver it, and cut the shaft to fit my tractor for that price. Emailed my local dealer, to see if they would match it, but hadn't heard back. I'd rather buy local, but at the end of the day, money is money.

Bigfoot said:
tom4018 said:
Bigfoot said:

You bought anything yet?

Haven't bought yet. 8950 was in Clarksville. Said they'd deliver it, and cut the shaft to fit my tractor for that price. Emailed my local dealer, to see if they would match it, but hadn't heard back. I'd rather buy local, but at the end of the day, money is money.

Did you check Sanford in Bowling Green? He should deliver also. Ask for Ernie.

We've been running a NH616 for the last 14+ years. It's a heavy duty bullet proof machine. As others have mentioned it can be a real pain to hook up. My advice: always unhook on dead-level ground, if possible have a helper handy for hook up, and be patient :lol: . Once hooked though it's a beast! As I recall the kuhn models didn't seem nearly as heavy duty when I was shopping around, but that may have changed.