Disc Mower problems

Help Support CattleToday:

DCB4

Reaction score
I've got a new Holland H6750 disc mower that none of the hubs are turning on. The belt is spinning but the hubs won't turn. You can turn the hubs by hand no problem and all the hubs turn together when you turn any of them. Is there some sort of sheer pin I'm not seeing? Mower ran fine last night. Went to start back up this morning and noticed first thing it wasn't cutting. Never made any sort of racket

DCB4 said:
I've got a new Holland H6750 disc mower that none of the hubs are turning on. The belt is spinning but the hubs won't turn. You can turn the hubs by hand no problem and all the hubs turn together when you turn any of them. Is there some sort of sheer pin I'm not seeing? Mower ran fine last night. Went to start back up this morning and noticed first thing it wasn't cutting. Never made any sort of racket

I'd be looking at a keyway or something on the driven pulley. Evidently power is not making it to the main shaft. Worst case it may be busted just before the first cutter.

Found the problem. The gearbox has a vertical shaft that meets a horizontal shaft that goes to the cutter bar. Both have gears on the end. The gear on the horizontal shaft teeth were completely ground down.

Latest posts