disc mower curtains

Help Support CattleToday:

ALACOWMAN

Reaction score
where can you find replacements resonable ?? mine needed one 5 years ago... i got to replace it by next season, its coming apart like a chinese watch

ALACOWMAN":3h9teb6b said:
where can you find replacements resonable ?? mine needed one 5 years ago... i got to replace it by next season, its coming apart like a chinese watch
Who made the mower?

If you have a dealer that handles Panorama disc mowers they may be able to get one. Otherwise the mowers are pretty much the same so about any 10 foot cover should work. Or if you have anyone in the area that sews leather or industrial sewing they should be able to fabricate one.

dun":2rtjwsbs said:
If you have a dealer that handles Panorama disc mowers they may be able to get one. Otherwise the mowers are pretty much the same so about any 10 foot cover should work. Or if you have anyone in the area that sews leather or industrial sewing they should be able to fabricate one.
well the amish is my next alternative...

ALACOWMAN":v4iqyntq said:
dun":v4iqyntq said:
Not a bad alternative, you will sure know that it's done right

ALACOWMAN":1elzvymv said:
dun":1elzvymv said:

An aside from the Amish is that you might find someone local, like Dun suggested, that can put together a shield for you. You might try asking some of the sales people at the nearby tractor shops - they usually know someone who can put something together. Mine as just about had it too. There was a poster - Ironpeddler(?) - who sold generic shields. I don't know if he's still around.

I had a tarp I got from a trucking company that was being replaced. I cut an approximate size and placed it over the mower, then trimmed the corner like wrapping a package. I glued the corners with the glue I bought from the trucking co. that they use for repairing tears. I've been using for 5 years and have about $30 in it. It's still as good as the day I finished it.

I patched mine up and rebuilt parts of it with rubber roofing material, EPDM. The roofer welded the material together. I think it's better than the original. The old material is still tearing so we intend building a new one entirely with EPDM. He has enough scrap leftovers were the material would be free.