Did i screw up

Help Support CattleToday:

All of the wire is already done do i nead to take it all down and put new up or unwrap the wire from insulators and put in those spring winches or just leave it

A clean tight fence is for the rancher. A cow will go through anything no matter how tight and clean it is if its head doesn't tell it not to - similarly if its head is telling it not to, it doesn't matter what it looks like.

That said, I sure like the look of a clean tight fence and use the strainers and wrench previously pictured. A tight fence can also help keep the ground wires from touching the hot wires and discharging the whole system.

Dixieangus":341289kq said:
All of the wire is already done do i nead to take it all down and put new up or unwrap the wire from insulators and put in those spring winches or just leave it

I'd do as dun said, just leave it but watch for any problems in the future. There's no sense in taking it down now, that would be a whole lot of fuss since you've already got it up.

In the future, if/as you run into problems, then just replace each wire as they need, and eventually you'll have it up right.

Katherine

IL_Strainer.jpg

I like to use the in-line strainers. No need to cut the wire. Just slide the strainer on the line and spin to tighten. It's also easy to loosen and tighten later.

OLF":1f8490d5 said:
IL_Strainer.jpg

I like to use the in-line strainers. No need to cut the wire. Just slide the strainer on the line and spin to tighten. It's also easy to loosen and tighten later.

Those are what I use.

Workinonit Farm":1ul51zby said:
Dixieangus":1ul51zby said:

I'd do as dun said, just leave it but watch for any problems in the future. There's no sense in taking it down now, that would be a whole lot of fuss since you've already got it up.

In the future, if/as you run into problems, then just replace each wire as they need, and eventually you'll have it up right.

Katherine
When you have to replace and splice a new piece in connect the ends with a square knot.

Latest posts