Did I screw up? LA-200

Help Support CattleToday:

Gators Rule":30uy389p said:
I injected about 3-4 cc's of LA-200 into the muscle before it dawned on me that LA-200 is sub cutaneous bound... Should I expect a problem?
It's fine. Either will work. Sub-q is just the preferred.

We always give it SQ, longer acting that way for pink eye or foot rot, but label said you can give it IM.

When I give the maximum recommended I split the dosage, half IM, half SQ.

Back in the Dark Ages, it used to be labeled for IM use only.
SQ causes less muscle damage. No significant difference in absorption or duration of blood/tissue levels between the two routes; no reason, in my mind, to ever give it IM any more.
Still, need to break injections up to no more than 10-12ml per site.
I've seen some real wrecks, back in the day, when folks put anywhere from 30-60 ml of LA 200 in ONE muscle mass.

Better absorption from multiple sites - plus, if you put the full dose for an adult animal all in one spot - you've not followed label directions, and the approved withdrawal times will not be in force.

Lucky_P":3i1so44n said:
S
I've seen some real wrecks, back in the day, when folks put anywhere from 30-60 ml of LA 200 in ONE muscle mass.

B.

:nod: then watched half of it ooozz back out if you didn't hold your finger on it long enough.

Lucky_P":32akhil3 said:
SQ causes less muscle damage. No significant difference in absorption or duration of blood/tissue levels between the two routes; no reason, in my mind, to ever give it IM any more.
Still, need to break injections up to no more than 10-12ml per site.

Better absorption from multiple sites - plus, if you put the full dose for an adult animal all in one spot - you've not followed label directions, and the approved withdrawal times will not be in force.

Thanks Lucky. I always kept the dosage to a max of 10 ml per site but I was under the impression that it absorbed quicker IM, that's why I split the method. Now I know different, and will use SQ.

Latest posts