Diamond Dog Food Warning

Help Support CattleToday:

buckaroo_bif":m3sasyd9 said:
:lol:
I'll never make it in the dog business all my dogs are black and white!
Hmm. You could say they were dairy dogs Bif. How many hundredweight do you reckon they'd give a year? Just trying to find you a market here, so you won't feel left out. ;-)

That's bad to hear. Although, I'm sure Gary and Rich will make things right. My dad's place (where I grew up) is 2 miles from Meta, the World Headquarters of Diamond Pet foods. Funny to hear that Meta (population 364) could be the World Headquarters for anything.

These 2 guys started this business a long time ago and we used to get our hog feed from them. They'd take turns, one driving the feed truck, the other working the mill. Now the don't sell anything but pet food and they have 3 multi-million dollar plants across the country. This was probably all more info than any of you wanted to know, but it kinda makes me proud that our little hole in the ground (Meta) could be internationally recognized.

I dont think there is a big need to worry about this.. the amount of alfatoxin that would have to be ingested to cause any adverse reactions would roughly be a football field full of nothing but aflatoxin...I know this because I worked in a lab checking aflatoxin in peanuts. The FDA allows 25 parts per billion of aflatoxin to any product that can be consumed. Now daimond dog food my only allow say 10 ppb.

Southerngal":w7zhceu3 said:
I dont think there is a big need to worry about this.. the amount of alfatoxin that would have to be ingested to cause any adverse reactions would roughly be a football field full of nothing but aflatoxin...I know this because I worked in a lab checking aflatoxin in peanuts. The FDA allows 25 parts per billion of aflatoxin to any product that can be consumed. Now daimond dog food my only allow say 10 ppb.
Fact of the matter is Diamond cares about it's dealers and reputation. Quite a few Dogs have already died, or become very sick. I spoke with Diamond yesterday, and they are even going to replace feed that was already fed.We have several customers that buy it by the ton.I'm just glad they recalled it as a safeguard.

Latest posts