Dog Bite situation

Help Support CattleToday:

Rafter S said:
Something similar happened to me some years ago. The neighbor's dogs had come onto our property and killed one of our dogs. Our children were small then and my wife was afraid to let them play outside. We contacted the owner, and he just shrugged his shoulders and said he couldn't catch them so there wasn't anything he could do about it.

There was something I could do about it.

I never understood when the dog owner just shrugs off their dogs behavior regardless of what it is. That's the usual response. One could pull up in someone's drive, and the dogs are foaming at the mouth, barking non stop, and lunging at the vehicle, and the owner will come out and say, "Don't worry, he won't bite you."
Well, gee, I'm sure he doesn't go around biting the owner, but I'm not feeling real comfortable in that situation.

I had bought this place. We had already closed and were only about a week from moving in. The realtor emailed me as there was a paper I needed to sign. The next morning I left early to come sign it. About an hour into a 4 hour drive the realtor called to tell me he wouldn't be here and said he would leave it with the seller. I knew that the seller planned to be gone that day. I told him to just leave it on the work bench in the shop. A couple hours later the phone rang again. It was the realtor calling to tell me to watch out for the dogs. He had to use a pitch fork to get into and out of the shop. Being warned I stopped up the road from the house and found an old piece of a 2x4. I had been there a bunch of times but the seller always knew I was coming. They were there to control the dogs or they had them locked up. This time they were loose. They were literally biting the tires on my car as I pulled in. I parked in a manner where the car and opening the door blocked off most of their access to me. Held them off with the 2x4. Got the paper and escaped. When I came back a week later with my first load of stuff I was packing heat. Had the dogs even been there they would have been dead dogs.
I later found out they had attacked nearly every neighbor. One had a large hole torn out of a new pair of irrigation boots (hip boots). One drove his pickup in the driveway. Window down and his elbow out the window. A dog jumped up and bit him on the elbow. The stories go on. But they were all real happy that those people left and we moved in with friendly dogs.

herofan said:
Rafter S said:
Something similar happened to me some years ago. The neighbor's dogs had come onto our property and killed one of our dogs. Our children were small then and my wife was afraid to let them play outside. We contacted the owner, and he just shrugged his shoulders and said he couldn't catch them so there wasn't anything he could do about it.

There was something I could do about it.

I never understood when the dog owner just shrugs off their dogs behavior regardless of what it is. That's the usual response. One could pull up in someone's drive, and the dogs are foaming at the mouth, barking non stop, and lunging at the vehicle, and the owner will come out and say, "Don't worry, he won't bite you."
Well, gee, I'm sure he doesn't go around biting the owner, but I'm not feeling real comfortable in that situation.

Dogs are like children, you need no skills, brain or license to have them......

I had a small pup in my hands one day and some idiots rotweiler was jumping at my face trying to get at the pup, I yelled at the owner as they came close to put the dog on a lead, they said, he is just being friendly.....friendly my rear end, was lucky not to be bitten and if I did not cover the pup it would have been dead, I felt like hitting that woman, she was an absolute twit at best.

I am yet to meet a parent that will admit when a child of theirs has been an absolute twit....same with dogs.