DeWalt 20V drill

Help Support CattleToday:

Silver

Reaction score
I was out in the bale yard today with my drill and a coring tube getting forage samples to send out for testing. I know it's hard work for a drill to turn that tube but I didn't expect my drill to catch on fire. :roll:
My Milwaukee stuff just shuts down in an overheat condition, apparently not in DeWalt's repertoire. So I guess I will be looking for a replacement drill in the colour of red.

Wow! Never heard of one doing that. Ridgid has a lifetime warranty on their batteries, very happy with mine.

Everytime i go to buy tools they tell me Milwaukee are the best. I have bought three of their tools and agree they are strong buy i have had trouble with all of them. I get makita or Bosch where possible. Problem is the quality of all tools changes, i remember when black and decker and makita used to be quality, but now they are getting poorer every year. Metabo was good, then junk and now seem to be good again.

I have had very good luck with DeWalt customer service. Don't e-mail, call. They will go to great lengths to help

"So I guess I will be looking for a replacement drill in the colour of red."

Well at least you know how to fix the problem!

A neighbor was charging his Dewalt battery in a separate garage from his house last year and it burned down the same morning while charging. Not 100% sure the battery did it, but that was all he could think of. It was below freezing and it burnt it to the grown as the fire department could not save it. His homeowners insurance covered most, but not all. He lost some nice chainsaws, lawn mowers, 4-wheeler, all his tool and a lot more.

Have several Dewalt cordless tools including chain saws and they get used hard and never an issue.

Ya my last 20volt drill did the same thing drilling gate hinges. I went out and bought the same one tho like a idiot. For what I use them lasted me 6 ish years seemed decent enough for me to buy another one. Have had the local fire chief that there chargers are prone to catching fires tho

All of battery our power tools are on borrowed time, not many will make it past 3 yrs (Plumbing, drain, water main maintenance excavating and the farm). We use Milwaukee m18 for everything. Started out with DeWalt , and quickly moved to Milwaukee after finding out the DeWalt weren't going to work for us,

sim.-ang.king said:
No pictures, it didn't happen.

Well, I do have a picture from the lab of what was left of the fencing staple I somehow managed to include in one of the forage samples and ended up destroying the labs grinder.

k4lyufO.jpg

snoopdog said:
Wow! Never heard of one doing that. Ridgid has a lifetime warranty on their batteries, very happy with mine.
I bought a rigid drill for the simple fact of the battery replacement. Registered on line and sent all paper work and when asked for the battery they said that had no record of me owning this drill. But they still send me e-mails promoting their stuff.

jltrent said:
A neighbor was charging his Dewalt battery in a separate garage from his house last year and it burned down the same morning while charging. Not 100% sure the battery did it, but that was all he could think of. It was below freezing and it burnt it to the grown as the fire department could not save it. His homeowners insurance covered most, but not all. He lost some nice chainsaws, lawn mowers, 4-wheeler, all his tool and a lot more.
This happened to me also lost our home in 1995. Never thought that was the problem until I bought another battery and charger as I had the drill in the pickup. We bought another house and I came in from work and the wife told me that the charger caught on fire on the back porch. This was a 12 volt skil.

hurleyjd said:
snoopdog said:
I bought a rigid drill for the simple fact of the battery replacement. Registered on line and sent all paper work and when asked for the battery they said that had no record of me owning this drill. But they still send me e-mails promoting their stuff.
Then, there's that

Latest posts