DeWalt 20V Tools

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
The other thread reminded me about making this one. I have quite a few of the 20V tools... the grease gun, multiple drills, skill saw, pole saw, and chain saw. They have all been pretty good, for what they are.

Recently I decided to try out the 20V pressure washer and was very disappointed. I though it would be handy because of the size. I was hoping to take it with me and use where we don't have a bunch facilities to clean up a tractor or buggy when spraying or some thing like that. I never expected it to be a full on gas powered pressure washer but the #550 psi is not better than a good garden hose nozzle and you are losing the water volume. Worse of all, all the fitting and stuff are plastic. A couple days ago I tried to spray the can-am off with it. I was being very careful dragging the hose with me every time. At one point toward the end the water hose popped off and soaked my leg. It has a quick connect fitting like an air hose for a filter, but its plastic. The weight of the hose popped it out. I was pretty frustrate so I put it away and just finished with the hose. The pressure washer is definitely not a product I recommend wasting money on.

On the weed eater, it works very good but takes some getting use to. With gas weed eaters we are use to the weight being close to your shoulder. With the electric one there is very little weight on that end because there is really only a battery there. Most the weight it out on the head where the electric motor is. I use it to clean up around gates or next to deer blinds or on my small yard where I don't round up. I would not try using it on big jobs though. The balance is just not comfortable for hours and hours of work, IMO.