Deutz Tractors - Good-Bad-or just plain Ugly

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Hello,
I am going to a auction that has several deutz tractors and I saw one I liked that I would like to bid on but have no experience with deutz nor do I know anyone who has one. Do any of yall own one and can you tell me what kind of problems they have or what I need to look for in them? I primarily use john deere ford/hewholland and MF tractors. If something breaks on a Deutz is it very expensive to fix and are parts readily available ? I don't want a expensive yard ornament so I appreciate any help I can get.

Had a local dealer here for a while. He quit selling them because he couldn't get parts.

The older ones with the air cooled engines were one heck of a tractor. Pull and work well above their stated horse power. But they do have gearbox issues, and getting parts can be a pain. Being German they liked to change things so you need a lot of numbers to get the correct bit.

Yea i think i will stick to a tractor i know i can get parts for lol... I dont want a huge piece of scrap metal in my yard lol

several of them where I came from
They seem to be alright tractors I do know that they are picky on their brakes
I know a couple guys that swear by them but then again these are the guys who are METICULOUS about their equipment
I do know that you can let just anyone get on and take off on them
they sure ain't DELTA farm hand type machines

The 'good' Belarus tractors had the air-cooled Deutz motors in them. But as was already said, hard to get parts and the correct part numbers are a detective search in their own. :cowboy:

Correct me if I'm wrong but aint the dutz tractor manufactered by AGCO which bought Allis Chambers and Massy Ferguson,and also own the Gleaner combine.I have seen numerous gleaner combines and also dutz allis tractors in Ohio. In fact they have a plant in Duluth Ga. But still could be hard to get parts for in the west.

Cal

I have a deutz D5506, It's a 70's model. The only thing is, it dosent have a loader, & only one remote on the back. It is air cooled, & it is diesel. And it is absloutley fantastic on fuel. I put a clutch in it soon after i bought it (I knew about the clutch) and it's been great. Walts tractor, which is 20 miles from us sell the parts i've needed so far, & O'rielly automotive also. So far I've got nothing bad to report. You can google walts tractor, & look at their website.
Dan

I have a 1975 Deutz 4006 and it is bullet proof. I later bought a DX90 and is is also a great tractor.
My DX had the updated shifter. The earlier models had transmission problems until the adapter was installed.
The transmission was not built by Deutz.
I bought a JD 6100D this past summer. I can run the 90 horse Deutz on about half the fuel of the 100 horse JD.
I have always bought what few parts I needed from AGCO. I get my filters from the local auto shop.

I never owned a Deutz tractor but my neighbor has been running them since I was a kid (40+ years) they are still running. I have a Deutz motor in my New Holland skid steer and love it. I have had several Deutz industrial motors in equipment over the years and never had a problem I couldn't fix. I have a place I obtain parts from in San Antonio TX that I happened upon by accident. He educated me on them and if I'm not mistaken was told they seperated themselves from AGCO. There is a dealer across the river in Meade Co KY that buys up all the tractors he can find and somehow comes up with parts. If it was me and I was looking for a third or fourth tractor I would go for it. But remember I'm the guy who bought a second round baler because it was cheaper than risking losing a cutting of hay.

kjonesel":h0tla7qf said:
I never owned a Deutz tractor but my neighbor has been running them since I was a kid (40+ years) they are still running. I have a Deutz motor in my New Holland skid steer and love it. I have had several Deutz industrial motors in equipment over the years and never had a problem I couldn't fix. I have a place I obtain parts from in San Antonio TX that I happened upon by accident. He educated me on them and if I'm not mistaken was told they seperated themselves from AGCO. There is a dealer across the river in Meade Co KY that buys up all the tractors he can find and somehow comes up with parts. If it was me and I was looking for a third or fourth tractor I would go for it. But remember I'm the guy who bought a second round baler because it was cheaper than risking losing a cutting of hay.

Yea, I understand that.. Yea I really don't need it unless goes real cheap... my better half on my arse about my toys now lol... I have 9 tractors as it is but this sale always has cheap tractors like that duetz with the cab on it in the link of the website will probably only bring about 2100-2600 dollars if that ... I am in heavy JD country or Case IH anything else goes cheap

I went to some consignment sales over the past year and have found out after the sale the item didn't sell. I don't know if the owner was running it up or whether it had a reserve on it. I have noticed that the only thing holding the floor up on machinery values has been scrap metal.

Thats funny but true people are scrap crazy in my area... If it can be picked up by one or 2 men you better chain it down...

skyhightree1":2et2n4yz said:
Thanks dun, I guess I will stick to the other tractors that are being sold there... Here is a link to the auction incase you all wanted to see the list of whats for sale.. I guess now I will look at that JD 3020

http://carwileauctions.com/3rd-annual-s ... -crewe-va/

I just got to have that Skittles car, that would make me shine in the community.

Latest posts