deleted

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't know how anybody else does it.
I'm overseeding with some annual ryegrass.
Miss Molly is my 1953 Jubilee and she's perky. She makes my head spin.B684DFF5-515A-4C32-A663-3EFCE552FBE3.jpeg

I try to spread 30-35 pounds per acre, but my primitive method is sometimes a good laugh.
I mark my spot visually. Sometimes I can see my previous pass tracks. Most of the time I aim for a fence post or a tree. Sometimes I aim for a clump of grass or cow. The cow aiming don't work out sometimes.

I finally figured it out; it's about a bag a beer on my slow pass. I managed to nail the seeding rate today……..well, thus far I've managed. Wife with let me know how I do with the other half of the seed.0CC66026-D760-49E7-A115-101A6A9136A4.jpeg
She's been putting up some netting to keep the chicken hawks away from her baby chickens. I just talked her into taking a break with me. She's a peach.
She's having a cold beer with me. Life is good.926A6C36-F36F-4172-835C-91B54615C4B4.jpeg

Miss Molly is my 1953 Jubilee and she's perky. She makes my head spin.View attachment 8210

I try to spread 30-35 pounds per acre, but my primitive method is sometimes a good laugh.
I mark my spot visually. Sometimes I can see my previous pass tracks. Most of the time I aim for a fence post or a tree. Sometimes I aim for a clump of grass or cow. The cow aiming don't work out sometimes.

I finally figured it out; it's about a bag a beer on my slow pass. I managed to nail the seeding rate today……..well, thus far I've managed. Wife with let me know how I do with the other half of the seed.
She's been putting up some netting to keep the chicken hawks away from her baby chickens. I just talked her into taking a break with me. She's a peach.
She's having a cold beer with me. Life is good.

I learned to rake hay with a 9N Ford. If two people went to the field it would start up like a new one, but if you went by yourself it wouldn't, and would have to be pulled to get it started. And of course it was a 6 volt, so you couldn't jump it off.

Miss Molly is my 1953 Jubilee and she's perky. She makes my head spin.View attachment 8210

I finally figured it out; it's about a bag a beer on my slow pass. I managed to nail the seeding rate today……..well, thus far I've managed. Wife with let me know how I do with the other half of the seed.View attachment 8211
She's having a cold beer with me. Life is good.View attachment 8212
Just curious to the brand on that beer, don't recognize the can?

I live in a dry county. When I went next door to the Oklahoma tavern, they sold me these fancy "limited edition" cans.

It tastes the same. I prefer Sam Adams or Becks Dark, any full flavor beer, but they only come in bottles. I don't take glass when working.32B45AE6-36FA-4D21-B3EE-6131E2D3A20B.jpeg

I live in a dry county. When I went next door to the Oklahoma tavern, they sold me these fancy "limited edition" cans.

It tastes the same. I prefer Sam Adams or Becks Dark, any full flavor beer, but they only come in bottles. I don't take glass when working.View attachment 8305
U near alma?
Dangdest thing I ever seen, a quick shop with no beer!!
Now I dont imbibe regularly anyway so makes me no nevermind. Just found it odd. Didnt know there was such a thing as a dry county anymore til a couple years ago.
What's even odder, the amount of drunks in a dry county!

There's nothing odd about it when you've grown up with it.
I can certainly understand that.
We went to visit my wifes sis over there and I just never ran across it.

I most certainly didnt mean to imply your a drunk! I hope I didnt come across that way!
I do have a drink every blue moon or so..

U near alma?
Now I dont imbibe regularly anyway so makes me no nevermind. Just found it odd. Didnt know there was such a thing as a dry county anymore til a couple years ago.
Several dry counties in Arkansas, I live in Cleburne county which is dry and our neighboring counties White,Faulkner, Independence and Stone are dry as well. Van Buren county also neighbors us and just recently became wet. It's a 45 minute drive one way to any of the liquor stores nearest us. There are several "private clubs" in restaurants in all of the named dry counties, pay a one time $5 membership and get a card and you can have a drink while you eat or go to the VFW or Elks club, they have a membership fee as well. I think Stone county is probably the only one that doesn't have "private clubs" or a VFW.

I don't make a special trip, but for me, it's an hour and a half round trip to the closest liquor store, and 35 minutes to buy Oklahoma beer. We do have an Elks Club and "country club", but I'm not a member of either. There are two local restaurants that can serve alcohol with a meal, but not on Sunday.

Bootlegging is still an income for some around here.

U near alma?
I'm about half way between Lake Wilhelmina and Queen Wilhelmina State Park.

Latest posts