deleted

Help Support CattleToday:

Green chain is the area where the lumber is stacked by hand after leaving the saw. Noted to be the most labor intensive job at a sawmill.
An Old man told me he quit school and went to work at a saw mill..about two weeks he was back in school and finished ..said he never sat down till quitting time..he had all that he wanted..they were looking to hire a couple last week..you can't even hire folks to make burgers now..

We watch Netflix shows on that some years ago, on the pill mills and pill pandemic. It's really sad seeing people get addicted to pills, than when they can't get them get on herion and other drugs. Maybe just me but I hate seeing anybody addicts or alcoholics. Most I've seen my entire life may get clean for a short time but always go back. To watch anybody personally live that life style is horrible. It maybe fun to joke about methheads, crackheads, ect. Some things maybe even be true, what these people really need is us to pray for them.

It torques me off. Years ago my doctor wouldn't hesitate to write a prescription for hydrocodone to keep on hand for migraines, or when my back went out. Most of them won't do it now, and if they do it's for low dose, and only a few.

It torques me off. Years ago my doctor wouldn't hesitate to write a prescription for hydrocodone to keep on hand for migraines, or when my back went out. Most of them won't do it now, and if they do it's for low dose, and only a few.

People that actually need pain medication aren't always giving it now days cause of the people that took advantage of it.
I have one ear I've always got real bad ear aches. I won't go to the doctor until it's horribly bad. When I was pregnant with my daughter I refused to go for a month tried every hope it would go away. Finally I went to the doctor about loss my hearing cause I'm stubborn. This has been an on going issue most of my adult life. It starts out maybe allergies than turns to a bad sinus infection. One time I ended up going to not my regular doctor cause I couldn't get in. The nurse accused me of faking just wanting pain medication. I'm looking at her trying not to lose my 🤬 I was about in tears it hurt so bad. I'm not baby either. I didn't want pain pills.

jltrent did you start this because you were going to post something and changed your mind, or did you start this for an experiment on how a post about nothing could create intellect/non-intellect discussion?
I started a post and saw it was a little political and decided it needed to go under the political threads, so deleted it here. The original post was really about nothing so I guess I should have left it alone. Interesting thread so far about teeth and a few other things.

Last edited:
Had an uncle with a saying, "If you really hate a man, give him a sawmill".
My grandfather and his two brothers had a sawmill when my dad was a kid. Said it was back breaking work. My grandfather was missing the end of his index finger, an uncle was missing a thumb and the other uncle had a scar right down the length of his thumb from cutting it on the saw right down the middle. A neighbour who worked for them is missing three fingers.

I used to love their stories, like one time my grandfather was chaining a log and reached under to pull the chain through but pulled out a death adder. He said lucky it was cold but he threw it so far they never found it. Death adders are the most evil looking snakes. He used to say they put a brick on the accelerator on the old dodge truck when going up hills and stand on the side boards to steer because they were never sure it woyld make it they were so overloaded.

People that actually need pain medication aren't always giving it now days cause of the people that took advantage of it.
I have one ear I've always got real bad ear aches. I won't go to the doctor until it's horribly bad. When I was pregnant with my daughter I refused to go for a month tried every hope it would go away. Finally I went to the doctor about loss my hearing cause I'm stubborn. This has been an on going issue most of my adult life. It starts out maybe allergies than turns to a bad sinus infection. One time I ended up going to not my regular doctor cause I couldn't get in. The nurse accused me of faking just wanting pain medication. I'm looking at her trying not to lose my 🤬 I was about in tears it hurt so bad. I'm not baby either. I didn't want pain pills.
Huh🙉

Yea I'm confused.... my husband and children kept talking to me.

My point was sometimes people do need pain medication and aren't giving them cause of people that took advantage of the doctors, hospitals, ect.

On the other hand nurses, doctors, ect. Always act like people just want pain medication when that isn't always the case.

Had an uncle with a saying, "If you really hate a man, give him a sawmill".
I have a good friend whose grandfather and father had about a 12 man sawmill operation. Both of those men became millionaires because of that mill. My friend got his start at that mill. About 15 years ago he told me that his net worth was over 15 million. All on account of a little saw mill and how they managed their business.

Another old local saying: "Not all liars are loggers but all loggers are liars." That has something to do with profits.

Yea I'm confused.... my husband and children kept talking to me.

My point was sometimes people do need pain medication and aren't giving them cause of people that took advantage of the doctors, hospitals, ect.

On the other hand nurses, doctors, ect. Always act like people just want pain medication when that isn't always the case.

I'm happy I finally found a doctor who treats me like an adult; maybe because I'm probably 20+ years older than she is. I went to a previous one who said she couldn't prescribe them for me because I might get addicted. I pointed out that I'd been taking them only when needed, and going weeks without one, for at least 15 years, but she still said "It could happen."

I'm happy I finally found a doctor who treats me like an adult; maybe because I'm probably 20+ years older than she is. I went to a previous one who said she couldn't prescribe them for me because I might get addicted. I pointed out that I'd been taking them only when needed, and going weeks without one, for at least 15 years, but she still said "It could happen."

Most have to go by the book.

My husband had a 280 degree tore labrum. They gave him nothing for pain. Er told him, he just sprained his shoulder.
Almost a year later he had surgery got 60-7.5 lortab. (Depending where your from maybe said LOWtabs 😆)
At one point he went to have whatever that dye test is called. They tested his elbow not his shoulder.
Another time he went to a doctor at a mall in a room the size of a closet. That doctor said he was faking. 😆 How do you fake a 280 degree tear labrum. 🤷🏽‍♀️ Tests showed the tear was there. He has more patience than me I'd done showed my butt.

Most have to go by the book.

My husband had a 280 degree tore labrum. They gave him nothing for pain. Er told him, he just sprained his shoulder.
Almost a year later he had surgery got 60-7.5 lortab. (Depending where your from maybe said LOWtabs 😆)
At one point he went to have whatever that dye test is called. They tested his elbow not his shoulder.
Another time he went to a doctor at a mall in a room the size of a closet. That doctor said he was faking. 😆 How do you fake a 280 degree tear labrum. 🤷🏽‍♀️ Tests showed the tear was there. He has more patience than me I'd done showed my butt.
That makes 2 of us!

Latest posts