Defibrillator Please!

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Washed the windows on the space station yet again only to return to earth and find this friendly creature. Friendly or not, our first meeting was somewhat terrifying. :oops: Of course I'm in the middle of a wide open pasture I choose to park my truck right next to this corn snake. I get out with my shorts and short boots on only to see movement by my foot. :shock: I thought it was a copperhead at first but I got lucky. You know, I've heard someone say that for every squirrel you observe there are roughly 60 more that you don't see. I wonder if snakes are the same way. :idea:

IMG_2746.jpg

Here is a pic of him after I turned him loose. He seems to keep wanting to play possum.

IMG_2752.jpg

Thankfully it wasn't one of these buggers.

IMG_2708.jpg

Snake-1.jpg

IMG_1363.jpg

IMG_1384.jpg

snake.jpg

Shoot, I was hoping to see a picture of Jo in his shorts and short boots. Impressive snakes you all have!

Dang it Jo.... you shooting snakes with the camera, where I think the shotgun would be more appropriate.

I look at snakes and Wall Street much the same.

I'm scared of both of them!

grannysoo":2qvqj89x said:
Dang it Jo.... you shooting snakes with the camera, where I think the shotgun would be more appropriate.

I look at snakes and Wall Street much the same.

I'm scared of both of them!

I gotta say I agree with you on both points . I've got several hoes with the handle broke and in Ohio we don't even have anything as ugly and scary as that . That little snake I would chop his head off, but those others are going to require some fire power :lol: .

Larry

Had a friend step on a copperhead several years ago and she was in hospital for several days with several months to recover. It was just a little bitty baby snake, too. She stepped on it in her driveway. Her whole leg looked like he77.

Babies are the worst cause they can't control their venom delivery. A friend of mine was coon hunting this summer and got bit by a rattlesnake in the hip. He got faint and started sweating real bad. Went to the emergency room and the doctor probed it and said it was a dry bite and he didn't need anti-venom. He sent him home. He was OK but he said he didn't sleep a wink that night. :lol2:

Cant never figger out all the Snake-A -Phobics. They wont bother you if you dont bother them. Granny was full Cherokee and she'd chop a Snake in two with a hoe if she got the chance.Stop and think bout all te Mice and bugs they eat.

snakes are good for something.i wont kill 1 less i have to.but i wont get close to them either.

skyline":tjhfnslo said:
Man I hate snakes. I even hate pictures of snakes. Makes me want to shoot the computer screen! :)

I second Skyline!!! I get sick at the site of them!

heard on the radio yesterday. a egyptian hair dresser was bitten by a asp while washing a womans hair. it was nesting in the womans hair.... oh yeah i forgot she died from it

Your encounter was with a corn snake also known as a red rat snake. Unfortunately, we don't have many left in Arkansas. Our most common rat snake is the black rat snake. Both species are voracious rat and mice eaters. Whenever I can catch a black rat snake I turn it loose in one of the barns. Most of the time they will stick around if there is enough to eat. We also used black rat snakes to get rid of a pigeon problem we were having in a barn. I have a friend that keeps a rat snake in her chicken coop. She looses a few eggs from time to time but doesn't have a rodent problem. They generally can be tamed easily and coexist very well with humans.

wow Mr. Jo, i have never seen one of those colored snakes around here.

nap":17uojwal said:
Your encounter was with a corn snake also known as a red rat snake. Unfortunately, we don't have many left in Arkansas. Our most common rat snake is the black rat snake. Both species are voracious rat and mice eaters. Whenever I can catch a black rat snake I turn it loose in one of the barns. Most of the time they will stick around if there is enough to eat. We also used black rat snakes to get rid of a pigeon problem we were having in a barn. I have a friend that keeps a rat snake in her chicken coop. She looses a few eggs from time to time but doesn't have a rodent problem. They generally can be tamed easily and coexist very well with humans.

I got an oak snake in my barn. Its helping with the mice problem but it sometimes scares the shot out of me when I stumble into it. Its never bitten me but those little beady eyes.

I don't think we have many of these around here either. I thought it was a copperhead at first till I got a better look at it. Again, it scared me pretty good until I saw it wasn't a threat to me. Snakes are really crawling now. Gotta be careful around here especially in the late afternoon. I've already run across 4 timber rattlesnakes this week down by the creek. They scare me.

Latest posts