Deer Season Prep

Help Support CattleToday:

gerardplauche

Reaction score
Went clear shooting lanes and put up a new box stand yesterday. It was HOT! I think this is the earliest I have ever starting preparing for deer. I set out my game camera on my mineral sight. I will share pics when I check it next week.

gerardplauche":2g12j0my said:
Went clear shooting lanes and put up a new box stand yesterday. It was HOT! I think this is the earliest I have ever starting preparing for deer. I set out my game camera on my mineral sight. I will share pics when I check it next week.

Gerald...ain't nothing like pics. of "this year's coon crop". :lol2: :lol2:

I have a little back corner in a pasture with a couple old homestead apple trees. The deer always like to eat the apples. This year I decided that I might have to help those trees more produce (a lot more) by importing apples starting with the early apples and continueing right through deer season. Once the deer start eating the apples I will install a game camera to see what comes in. I thought about a tree stand but couldn't see any advantage to it in that location so I am going with a ground blind.

Dave - I have one ground blind that I hunt out of late in the season. Only hunt it if you are downwind.

TexasBred":1wq30ng9 said:
gerardplauche":1wq30ng9 said:

Gerald...ain't nothing like pics. of "this year's coon crop". :lol2: :lol2:

Maybe so. I get pics of every animal imaginable!

Latest posts