Decided to take the day off

Help Support CattleToday:

Ouachita

Reaction score
Holy shyt!!!!! Son of a.....!!! I haven't mowed my yard for a year (drought, not laziness). I serviced the mower, sharpened the blades, put a new belt on it, etc. Fired right up. First thing I did was try to drive thru the new electric fence. The one I recently reworked everything; new energizer, new ground system, cleaned all the weeds away from, re-did all my connections...............
That experience just changed my outlook for the day. I have decided to be a recovering alcoholic for the remainder of this day. I am going out to do something safe, like watch the grass grow.

hooknline":2mksij9d said:
What a creative way to test a hot wire !
What's bad is I had already mowed parallel to it, then turned away from it to back up beside the post. It caught me bout the kidneys and I learched forward and the steering wheel would not allow my crotch passage over the top. Meanwhile , my foot had not received the message to let off the pedal. Glad it was me and not my wife or kids

I decided to do something with lesser propability of injury, and get more brownie points....
Clean the yard

42B9E0D2.jpg

Ouachita":3oxo98x8 said:
Holy shyt!!!!! Son of a.....!!! I haven't mowed my yard for a year (drought, not laziness). I serviced the mower, sharpened the blades, put a new belt on it, etc. Fired right up. First thing I did was try to drive thru the new electric fence. The one I recently reworked everything; new energizer, new ground system, cleaned all the weeds away from, re-did all my connections...............
That experience just changed my outlook for the day. I have decided to be a recovering alcoholic for the remainder of this day. I am going out to do something safe, like watch the grass grow.

Brother that is called a stupid tax.
I am laughing with you. :lol2:

Caustic Burno":3hu55vua said:
Ouachita":3hu55vua said:

Brother that is called a stupid tax.
I am laughing with you. :lol2:

Yes, and if its a tax, I'm paid up for a while. It took me a bit to laugh. It hurt like hell. I agree it was 100% stupid. But dam, it changed my whole world today. I'm plum skeered to get back on the mower.

That O shyt look that hit you is about as bad as running over a yellow jacket nest with the lawn mower.
They will cause you to leave one as well just takes longer to get out of range.

I'm fairly certain the yellow jackets didn't have nothing on this fence. That was mostly due to my inability to shag arse off the mower. I got wedged. At the end of the day its funny. At the time I thought I's gonna die before I cleared the front end of that mower. Shyt fire and save matches had a whole new meaning.
This really is funny now, but no ****, I thought I was meeting my maker when it happened.

Would you consider taking some shots of that trailer from different angles? You might start the first CT yard sale. I had a half grown pup get in mine yesterday and I thought he was going to kill both of us before I could get him out of it. He was bloody all over and it was smooth wire. Glad you are ok now.

Jogeephus":3czvxsc7 said:
Are you sure you want to get rid of all that potentially useful stuff in the trailer?
Its not an issue of wanting to get rid of it. I'm simply relocating it out off sight. I'm curious which item you see potential usefulness in.
We have a "bone yard" on the trust property, which is my Grandads place. He never threw anything away. There are segregated piles of like items. Its a common place for me to find something I need to repair or make something else.
Let me know which piece your interested in, and I'll share it's history and how many times its been reincarnated ;-)

greybeard":350kq2ct said:
That's one be nice of a big yard!!
Picture didn't exactly match the description did it ? I was enroute from my home yard to the boneyard. I took the picture when I stopped to open a gate.

Ouachita":gn8mb2mc said:
Jogeephus":gn8mb2mc said:
Are you sure you want to get rid of all that potentially useful stuff in the trailer?
Its not an issue of wanting to get rid of it. I'm simply relocating it out off sight. I'm curious which item you see potential usefulness in.
We have a "bone yard" on the trust property, which is my Grandads place. He never threw anything away. There are segregated piles of like items. Its a common place for me to find something I need to repair or make something else.
Let me know which piece your interested in, and I'll share it's history and how many times its been reincarnated ;-)
ill start it off... with the rock... how old is it, and how long has it been on your place?

Latest posts