Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
Death toll:
Hay ring accident yesterday 575 steer.
3 calves so far calving
1 cow

My luck
Today heifer got in one of hay barns today. Barn 6 years old. Crashed through the side.
Paid top dollar for a bull with a crooked penis
Wednesday knocked hole in tractor radiator with a high lift jack fixing a wheel bearing.

I'll feel better when the grass comes out. I always do. I usually hit the wall about mid February. I swear its the mud not all the stuff listed above that gets me down.

I sometimes wish I jus had 10 head, and feed square baled hay. I would love to never touch a piece of equipment from October till May.

I picked my taxes up last week. I lost money for 42nd year in a row. It's evidently not about the cash.

I hear you. It seams like I've spent half my life saying "NOW WHAT??!!!" :lol: It's been a hard fought battle to see the "now whats" as a minor inconveniance in an otherwise beautiful life. I'm getting good at it and there are very few things left on this earth that can ruin an entire day for me.

I feel bad already about complaining. I've lived through things should have killed me. I ought to be glad to be able to fight it one more day.

I have been there alot, What i was allways told by everyone, was those that don't have em don't lose em, that's true, but it still not any fun. Hope everything turns around, and yes it could allways be a little or alot worse.

I gotta laugh at my luck now. That hiefer had a 60 foot opening to come out, but made a back door.

Bigfoot":lymi4hn5 said:
I picked my taxes up last week. I lost money for 42nd year in a row. It's evidently not about the cash.

Our tax guy told us the IRS is cracking down on people who file a loss all the time, have you heard that or ever been audited?

We have been cash flowing money but the depreciation always puts us at a loss. He said they would deem it a hobby.

Sorry for your luck. I know what you mean about the mud, hope we have some of this moisture this summer.

I spent half of the morning looking for some cash that I thought was in the safe, still wondering where it is.

I have asked my tax guy about that. He says its fine. I never worry about getting audited. I intentionally don't turn in some of my expenses just to cover me in the event of an audit.

tom4018":n5l5kmem said:
Bigfoot":n5l5kmem said:

Our tax guy told us the IRS is cracking down on people who file a loss all the time, have you heard that or ever been audited?

We have been cash flowing money but the depreciation always puts us at a loss. He said they would deem it a hobby.

Sorry for your luck. I know what you mean about the mud, hope we have some of this moisture this summer.

I spent half of the morning looking for some cash that I thought was in the safe, still wondering where it is.

This is true. My tax preparer has been saying this for several years. If one is auditted and deemed a hobby, you owe all taxes for 7 years back. Especially with all the money the gov't will need here very shortly.

The dodge Super Bowl commercial by Paul Harvey explains why we tolerate all that goes on day to day. Things will look up for you eventually. You can't look up till you've reached the bottom as grandpa always said.

If one is auditted and deemed a hobby, you owe all taxes for 7 years back.

This is true, but as long as you can prove you are not a hobby farm you are ok. You can prove you are in a expansion stage or whatever (as long as you can "prove" it to their liking).

I know what you mean big fella. In the last two and a half months I've lost 8 calves, 1 heifer, had a gay bull, busted the glass door on cab tractor, broke front spring on feed truck, had 3 neighbor bulls in on me and they were either out of town or had no trailer so I got to catch and haul em home. I discovered another heifer today that's not milking and calf is tiny and weak so I spent my afternoon tending to them. On top of all that ive been sick for a week and cant shake it, and i have developed tennis elbow even though ive never held a tennis racket. One things for sure though, it can always be worse. I'm just gonna keep trucking and thank God for one more day :D .

Isomade":6nwvb3u8 said:
I know what you mean big fella. In the last two and a half months I've lost 8 calves, 1 heifer, had a gay bull, busted the glass door on cab tractor, broke front spring on feed truck, had 3 neighbor bulls in on me and they were either out of town or had no trailer so I got to catch and haul em home. I discovered another heifer today that's not milking and calf is tiny and weak so I spent my afternoon tending to them. On top of all that ive been sick for a week and cant shake it, and i have developed tennis elbow even though ive never held a tennis racket. One things for sure though, it can always be worse. I'm just gonna keep trucking and thank God for one more day :D .
Bet they just paid you to take that new glass. Atleast you know who to thank, thats something to be thankful for.

Isomade":3k1ekhf8 said:

Dang Isom, we should join a support group. Nah. We'd sit in the back, and throw paper wads.

Latest posts