Death toll rising

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018":1dolx1t2 said:
Bigfoot":1dolx1t2 said:
I picked my taxes up last week. I lost money for 42nd year in a row. It's evidently not about the cash.

Our tax guy told us the IRS is cracking down on people who file a loss all the time, have you heard that or ever been audited?

We have been cash flowing money but the depreciation always puts us at a loss. He said they would deem it a hobby.

Sorry for your luck. I know what you mean about the mud, hope we have some of this moisture this summer.

I spent half of the morning looking for some cash that I thought was in the safe, still wondering where it is.

That is where a lot of big operations here are. They are making it on cash flow but the depreciation puts them at a loss. If the IRS is going to declare those in that category hobby, then they are going to end the cattle businsess becasue about 98% of the operations will be in that position.

have battled tennis elbow several times....also not a tennis player....Had not had a round of it in years....A few weeks ago I stumbled and fell and caught myself in a door way of the horse stable by throwing my arm against the jam....guess who has tennis elbow again.....feel it everytime I pick up a bucket or a tool box.

The stumbling and falling is a result of two things.....a severe inner ear infection in the eighties which laid me low for weeks and from which I never fully recovered....and ankles busted too many times that can not be depended on to hold me up in any kind of challenge....

Got tennis elbow in both arms for the last 2 months. Never held a racquet either. It gets better until I do something to trigger it back up.

next time I go to my Rheumatoid Arthritis Doc I will get him to inject mine....not all docs have the skill to do it....I had one done four times before they made it better.

don't dig any post holes or tamp any fence posts....chain saw does not help em either. guess what kind of work needs doing at my place???

for the fencing.....I am going to get some Plastic Tee Posts and tread in posts from this company....

http://www.plastic-innovation.com

I have seen their products at a grazing conference and like them. I even got them to send me some samples and have them on my desk for folks to see and handle. Power Flex carries their products now.

hooknline":swvavh9e said:
I run a pressure washer for a living. And I can't figure out why it won't heal
Be glad ya don't use a framing nailgun every day. I don't but used one all day a couple weeks ago and felt like I'd been beat with a ballbat the next day.

Bigfoot--this too shall pass. Keep on keepin on--ain't much else we can do.

pdfangus":zwqa6u3f said:
next time I go to my Rheumatoid Arthritis Doc I will get him to inject mine....not all docs have the skill to do it....I had one done four times before they made it better.

don't dig any post holes or tamp any fence posts....chain saw does not help em either. guess what kind of work needs doing at my place???

for the fencing.....I am going to get some Plastic Tee Posts and tread in posts from this company....

http://www.plastic-innovation.com

I have seen their products at a grazing conference and like them. I even got them to send me some samples and have them on my desk for folks to see and handle. Power Flex carries their products now.

Looks like good products. Thanks for the link.

Hope things turn around Bigfoot.

My sons calf horse was sore on a back leg this afternoon. Me and him both are pretty concerned about it.------------I had to give him the "cowboying is a tough life" speech this afternoon. I sure hope it gets better. I just wanted to blow a little steam about my troubles, when I started this thread. I'd wade through he77 and fight the devil for that boy of mine. Season starts up next month. I wish I hadn't complained about my cow troubles. I hate to see one of my kids upset. I'm down to his horse, and mine that can be roped on. It kinda puts your troubles in perspective when your kids are upset.

Bigfoot":26d57xrv said:
My sons calf horse was sore on a back leg this afternoon. Me and him both are pretty concerned about it.------------I had to give him the "cowboying is a tough life" speech this afternoon. I sure hope it gets better. I just wanted to blow a little steam about my troubles, when I started this thread. I'd wade through he77 and fight the devil for that boy of mine. Season starts up next month. I wish I hadn't complained about my cow troubles. I hate to see one of my kids upset. I'm down to his horse, and mine that can be roped on. It kinda puts your troubles in perspective when your kids are upset.

Don't know about the weather where you are but our winter has been one of mud...both my horses have had an abcess to deal with in the last sixty days. The mare was just two weeks ago....soaked it for three or four days and then the next day she was sound and the swelling was gone. Farrier found the abcess site when she trimmed last week.

Hope his horse heals up as quickly.

Glad to hear that I am not the only one nursing tennis elbow. It has been so inflamed I can't even hold a 12 oz can the last couple of days. Anyway i'm done whining. Sure am glad i'm not alone!

Ok, so this week my main herd bull, that I had left, broke his pecker, and a heifer dried up on a 3 week old calf and almost starved it to death. Hauled them both to the sale barn today. So now I have lost 2 bulls and am down to another mans bull and a 16 month old bull. I have to find 2 more bulls in a hurry. Your turn Big Foot. :lol:

ifarm26":30rl0iuv said:
Glad to hear that I am not the only one nursing tennis elbow. It has been so inflamed I can't even hold a 12 oz can the last couple of days. Anyway i'm done whining. Sure am glad i'm not alone!

broke down and bought a brace for mine this morning...could not even extend my arm.

Another calf died last night. Welcome to Undertaker Farms, where if you don't get eaten we will figure out a way for you to die. Formerly known as Cow Heaven. :lol:

slick4591":h1yaljt2 said:
I agree. Try confession or something. :shock:
Just not on here, please... We don't want to know. :shock:

At least you've still got a smile on your face, or is that laughing icon just the face of insanity?

Latest posts