death penalty

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crowderfarms":1w1fhqs2 said:
Then what happened to an Eye for an Eye, Or a Tooth for a Tooth?

I thought that it went away when God let his son be sacrificed on the cross to atone for all our sins.

Maybe you missed that part.

Crowderfarms":15l4j17h said:
If you mudered someone in my family, or a friend, you better hope you fry, hang, or get injected before I got to you.

I think I said that I would struggle with that as well.

Alice":3akmbg1i said:
Chris,

I'm gonna have to disagree on the deterrent issue. I really don't think that people who commit these crimes think about the death penalty before they do it.

THAT SAID, FOLKS, I do believe that if it can be proven beyond ANY doubt, not a SHADOW of a doubt, but ANY doubt, that those that are found guilty of heinous crimes should be...hmmm, let me find the word...can't come up with anything other than exterminated.

On the town square...good GAWD NO! Get 'em gone...get 'em buried...get 'em outta society permanently...but never make a spectacle of it. That's barbaric...and that's my 2 cents, and I'm stickin' to it.

Alice

Hmmmmm......

I don't supose we should do anything to stop their propagation?

Wewild":1eq480u4 said:
Crowderfarms":1eq480u4 said:
Then what happened to an Eye for an Eye, Or a Tooth for a Tooth?

I thought that it went away when God let his son be sacrificed on the cross to atone for all our sins.

Maybe you missed that part.

I have not missed any of it. Show me where the Bible states that we should not cleanse society of Murderers, and other type assailiants. If memory serves me correctly, the Bible does call for an Eye for an Eye.Vengnance shall by mine, as in final judgement.There has to also be a form of "Final Judgement" here on Earth as the world would be run amook in Vermin.

Wewild":269jmel8 said:
Crowderfarms":269jmel8 said:
If you mudered someone in my family, or a friend, you better hope you fry, hang, or get injected before I got to you.

I think I said that I would struggle with that as well.

That's what makes us all unique in our opinions Wewild.Personally, I'd have no struggle, but then again, I've never had to carry out any death penalty administration on anyone, and hope I never will.

Crowderfarms":1ceonjv8 said:
If memory serves me correctly, the Bible does call for an Eye for an Eye.Vengnance shall by mine, as in final judgement.There has to also be a form of "Final Judgement" here on Earth as the world would be run amook in Vermin.

Maybe Old Testament thinking.

Take care and try starting with Matthew.

I'm glad you got a year under your belt away from smoking.... almost.

Wewild":28d6jgf5 said:
Crowderfarms":28d6jgf5 said:
If memory serves me correctly, the Bible does call for an Eye for an Eye.Vengnance shall by mine, as in final judgement.There has to also be a form of "Final Judgement" here on Earth as the world would be run amook in Vermin.

Maybe Old Testament thinking.

Take care and try starting with Matthew.

I'm glad you got a year under your belt away from smoking.... almost.

If we can agree to disagree, I will agree with Wewilds first statement but will also agree with the gist of what Crowder is saying. Eye for Eye went out with Mosaic Law when Jesus fulfilled the prophecy - as did stoning your wife when you wanted a divorce. That being said, Jesus said "turn the other cheek". Many misinterpret this to mean that you are supposed to literally do that and let people run over you. With todays law, this might be true but under Roman Law the meaning is much much different. By turning the other cheek, this just kept you out of prison and possibly off the crucificition cross cause the romans had some very harsh punishments. If someone hit you and you hit back, you BOTH were punished. Turning the other cheek only made your assailants punishment harsher and harsher for each blow inflicted on you.

Unfortunately, time changes meanings of words. Kinda like people would look at you funny today if you told them you had a gay time last night while your grandfather could have easily said that in his day.

This is a very touchy subject. If there is 100% proof someone did the crime I would say I have to agree with the death penalty. Been several cases here lately were DNA or something proved people innocent though.

On the other hand the prisons are full of repeat offenders who want to go back because they can't make it in the real world. They have everything given to them in there. They don't worry about making the ends meet. In one of my previous jobs we made deliveries to a couple different prisons and heard a lot of this first hand. These people sure are not doing hard labor. I think the prisons should produce some kind of product that goes back to the taxpayer for use, make them pay their way.

Noone will ever convince someone like me, whose father was shot by two men who were supposed to be serving a 21 year sentence for armed robbery but were released in 3 for good behavior, that it is cruel and unusual punishment to put someone down for their crimes. I think it is cruel and unusual to let these criminals free.

I agree that the justice system might make a mistake here and there but if you look at the number of innocent people who have been negetively affected by early release and compare this to the number of people who have been falsely imprisoned, the latter is extremely small yet the liberal press would have you believe its rampant.

And yes, the two thugs are out on the streets today and my family was asked not to go to their parole hearing if we didn't have anything good to say about them. :shock:

Jogeephus":fb1435ej said:
And yes, the two thugs are out on the streets today and my family was asked not to go to their parole hearing if we didn't have anything good to say about them. :shock:

The only thing good I would think you could say is they're older so the would be slower making easier targets.

I just can't get why we would want a convicted murder,child molester,or rapist to still live,and give them all the benifits of prison. The only alternative I see would build a prison maby somewhere on a remote island somewhere and sentence them to hard labor, and make sure they have to work at this hard labor until they die.
With today's forensic science I can't believe there's many if any innocent people get convicted of a crime this serious.

And I think that those who protest the death penalty we should just turn the criminal over to them and hold them responsible for the criminal from that point on.
Just my thoughts.

Cal

I don't think religion should be brought into this subject at all, this is not a religious issue. I think there are very henious crimes that the death penalty should be given to, no questions asked, such as the murder, rape torture of any child, if the person is proven 100% guilty, it should happen the next day, not 15 years later. I think the protesters of the death penalty want to believe that this kind of evil does not exist in hte world, and these types can be rehabilitated, change their spots after serving time, I do not think these types that kill children or prey on kids, can be rehabilitated, if released they will only do it again and again, so why not just give them the dealth penalty and erase them from the earth.

Maybe if the US had stricter forms of punishment and these creeps knew they were going to be killed the day after the verdict was read, the crime rate would go down. I also do not think they should have any rights, no form of appeals-zippo.

GMN

75% of the inmates in our jail are repeat offenders. Same stats for inmates in prisons. 2% of our states income is spent on welfare recipients, over 18% is spent on inmates. This is used to pay for their education, dental (gotta love meth!), medical, rehab., and recreation (can't put these guys in a cage without entertaining them, or they will find a destructive way to entertain themselves), and a host of other expenses.

I have said before, and I will say again, the criminal justice system is justice for criminals.

When you are talking about crimes against children (you would not believe what has been done to children......seriously), and murders ~ I could pull the switch, then go home and eat supper with my family. No hard feelings there. Although, like Alice, I would not want public deaths ~ I think that viewing something like that, especially as an indirect victim of the crime (a taxpayer and citizen and fellow human being), damages something in your mind. But thats just me. I agree, there has to be conclusive evidence ~ DNA and/or video or free will confession.

angie2":3dbklk2n said:
75% of the inmates in our jail are repeat offenders. Same stats for inmates in prisons. 2% of our states income is spent on welfare recipients, over 18% is spent on inmates. This is used to pay for their education, dental (gotta love meth!), medical, rehab., and recreation (can't put these guys in a cage without entertaining them, or they will find a destructive way to entertain themselves), and a host of other expenses.

I have said before, and I will say again, the criminal justice system is justice for criminals.

When you are talking about crimes against children (you would not believe what has been done to children......seriously), and murders ~ I could pull the switch, then go home and eat supper with my family. No hard feelings there. Although, like Alice, I would not want public deaths ~ I think that viewing something like that, especially as an indirect victim of the crime (a taxpayer and citizen and fellow human being), damages something in your mind. But thats just me. I agree, there has to be conclusive evidence ~ DNA and/or video or free will confession.

Even when they confess, they still drag it out, and they still get their day in court. You would think if they confessed that would be good enough, but no they still have rights, but what about the rights of the victims/the victims family's?

GMN

GMN":23y2qwy8 said:
Even when they confess, they still drag it out, and they still get their day in court. You would think if they confessed that would be good enough, but no they still have rights, but what about the rights of the victims/the victims family's?
GMN

angie2":2limbpmc said:
GMN":2limbpmc said:
GMN

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/10/25/in ... index.html

You may need some more exposure to life.

Wewild":20q2dx37 said:
angie2":20q2dx37 said:
GMN":20q2dx37 said:
GMN

I stand by what I say. Nothing in that article contradicts what I have said.

This man was not a criminal ~ he was not treated in a manner that was just.

Without checking to confirm, I am almost sure that I said evidence needs to be conclusive ~ video, free will confession, DNA.

I am exposed plenty.

angie2":2rhpme7j said:
Wewild":2rhpme7j said:
angie2":2rhpme7j said:
GMN":2rhpme7j said:
GMN

I stand by what I say. Nothing in that article contradicts what I have said.

This man was not a criminal ~ he was not treated in a manner that was just.

Without checking to confrom, I am almost sure that I said evidence needs to be conclusive ~ video, free will confession, DNA.

I am exposed plenty.

Maybe so. You read it purty quick.

I don't think they had dna back when he was convicted. Maybe we have got all that straightened out by now. Maybe not.

Pull the trigger if you want. A life is a life. Any life lost is a lose whether it is alive or dead.

Wewild ~ I appreciate and respect what you say. I just don't agree. Thats Ok though, I think. As I said, what people do to children.... is unspeakable.

angie2":3hzq2drf said:
Wewild ~ I appreciate and respect what you say. I just don't agree. Thats Ok though, I think. As I said, what people do to children.... is unspeakable.

Children should be consider special. I as well have them there in my heart.

I believe I would always flip the switch on folks that mess with kids ... eventhough I might wind up on the wrong side of the final judgement.

I am glad it aint my job .... nor has it been presented in a way I thought it was.

Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts