Dead cattle, stolen cattle, who is watching over your cattle???

Help Support CattleToday:

He definitely doesn't sound like a stand up guy by any stretch of the imagination.

What about these out of state owners? No way I could trust someone with that many of my cattle without seeing them fairly often. Looks like it's been a while since they visited. If they've lost $500k then he must've scammed them good.

Wish they'd bring them to me. I will feed them.

I had a hard time just looking at the pics, can't imagine actually being there. I'm amazed they could still successfully breed/calve. There's a special place in He$$ for people like that but given his prior offenses I've no doubt the prisoners will treat him accordingly.

Just by looking at the pictures..... Poor? Yes. Malnourished? Yes. Wormy? Probably. Starving? I don't think so. But I haven't seen them in person or the conditions and/or pastures they were in. Not properly taken care of nonetheless.

JMJ, we have so much grass right now we do not know what to do with it! The location these cows are at are just 20 miles away... so there should have been plenty of feed for them

Fire Sweep Ranch":30e01p8q said:
JMJ, we have so much grass right now we do not know what to do with it! The location these cows are at are just 20 miles away... so there should have been plenty of feed for them

Wish there was I way I could borrow some of that green grass. We did get about 3" rain Monday. It was very welcome too. These 96-98 degree days and no rain for three weeks had us in a tight spot. The grass was starting to die and I was gonna start back feeding hay. Thankful for it and glad your growing conditions are favorable.

On a side note you should find the owners of those cattle. May get you a deal to look after them. If you are interested.

JMJ-
We started the year short! No rain, and poor temps made the grass go right to seed. The first cutting most have been putting up was junk! After I took the tops off the grass, it came in like mad following several inches of rain over a two week period. It is lush on my place right now, bogging down the 4 wheeler when I drive out to pasture to heat check! Forget trying to find a calf in it!
I have no time nor interest in looking after someone else's cattle. Unfortunately, I micro manage everything! I would go nuts trying to do things my way. Plus, I am a college teacher, so my farm keeps me busy enough with my job. Luckily, I have summers off to enjoy the cattle shows with the kids...
I hope your rain continues, and you get lots of green grass. It sure has a way of making one feel better!

JMJ Farms":16mg3cq1 said:
What about these out of state owners? No way I could trust someone with that many of my cattle without seeing them fairly often. Looks like it's been a while since they visited.
There's just no way about it, you gotta get to your ranches to know first hand whats going on. Also, you have to have superior managers.
On paper, we have a charter company but we use the dang thing so much getting around to ranches and yards here in the west, that it really doesn't get rented other than to ourselves and a couple certain individuals who are also in Production Agriculture.

Latest posts