Daylight Savings Time!!

Help Support CattleToday:

I like daylite savings time. It's always warmer in the afternoons and I don't know anyone that doesn't like the extra hour of daylite to help warm up the weather. gs

I'm glad for those of you who like DST. Living on the western edge of the Eastern Time zone, I despise DST.
Under DST, the sun reaches its highest point in the sky about 2:30 pm. This is against our biological clocks and is doubtless responsible for cancer, divorce, alcoholism and the drug epidemic. We weren't made to live this schedule.
The children get another month to wait in the dark for the school bus, a very dangerous situation.
More energy is used, not less, because everyone gets up in the dark and that requires more lights.
We should be looking at moving every time zone another hour east if we want to turn our economy around. Noon in any given area should be as close as possible to the suns' highest point in the sky.
I adjust my own schedule to ignore DST as much as possible, and if I never stepped off the farm I wouldn't be bothered. Still, an evening meeting for one of my "volunteer" activities is usually at 7 pm. Under DST that is also the time hay is ready to bale.
I know DST is great for those trying to run a farm after a day at a "real" job, but it really isn't a natural system.

Doesn;t bother me in the least. Only time it makes things awkward is if I'm supposed to be at an appointment at a certain time. Otherwise I get up, eat and sleep by my own internal (out of wack) clock.
Now for the wife it's different since she goes to work a couple of days a week. Come to think of it I guess it does affect me because I have to listen to her bellyache about it.

DST makes it hard to go out to the Supper Club. If you hunt till dark, its tuff to make it there before 9:00 pm.

I kinda like it that it is light when I leave the house in the morning. I'll miss that until the days get longer again.

Got no more nor no less daylight next week than this week other than the daylight part of the day getting abouta minute longer every day....we just change the time we start and finish the day. You don't have to change your clocks....but since most businesses do you'll have to double check appointment times.

john250":9oo603vm said:
I'm glad for those of you who like DST. Living on the western edge of the Eastern Time zone, I despise DST.
Under DST, the sun reaches its highest point in the sky about 2:30 pm. This is against our biological clocks and is doubtless responsible for cancer, divorce, alcoholism and the drug epidemic. We weren't made to live this schedule.
The children get another month to wait in the dark for the school bus, a very dangerous situation.
More energy is used, not less, because everyone gets up in the dark and that requires more lights.
We should be looking at moving every time zone another hour east if we want to turn our economy around. Noon in any given area should be as close as possible to the suns' highest point in the sky.
I adjust my own schedule to ignore DST as much as possible, and if I never stepped off the farm I wouldn't be bothered. Still, an evening meeting for one of my "volunteer" activities is usually at 7 pm. Under DST that is also the time hay is ready to bale.
I know DST is great for those trying to run a farm after a day at a "real" job, but it really isn't a natural system.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Very well said!

If we have to do this at least it is better ( for the msot part) than when I was growing up where you had to remember which town had DST and which didn't. I realize there are still some holdouts but for the most everyone has to put up with it now.

If I remeber correctly Arizona doesn;t do DST, I don;t think hawaii does either.

Latest posts