Day Dreams

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13

Reaction score
Day Dreams of nice things in the middle of the afternoon:

PB Simmental - Flying B Cut Above.
2n1estx.jpg

This is her third calf. Miss Adorable. Uno Mas (I hope). DNA test has been sent in.
x4nl7q.jpg

Six month old heifer. Reina. Uno Mas.
2ekke1i.jpg

330afk0.jpg

34776v5.jpg

Seven month old heifer. Miss Mo. Mom 1700 for comparison.
nwevmf.jpg

27wum3n.jpg

2i71ctd.jpg

nef5s5.jpg

OK after looking at the pics alitte more I'm guessing they were taken a few weeks ago? I was getting a little jealous to see hill pastures that uniform.

I really like those heifers. How old do you typically wean?

Keeping both heifers. Miss Mo and Reina.

Pictures are a week old. This has been a weird spring. Leaves are late coming out. Normally leaves are totally out By Derby Weekend.

I wean at about 7 months old.

The Reina heifer is really nice.
Ron, Think I need to take a field trip away from here and go your way and see some nice green cattle acres besides mine and just a few others. Most everything around here has been sprayed and killed and corn planted. Here every year I just admire seeing how much deeper everyone else lets their ditches get across their fields trying to grow grain each and every year. I also enjoy watching the grain boys here continue to buy larger combine headers and planters and then watching them try to plant and combine some of these small fields and rolling hills. At least I can get roastneers for the 4th of July.

Nice looking cattle. I like the lay of the land in those pictures, and grass looks good there. Where I am the land is steep and rough in some places.

Thanks for all the comments. The terrain is very diverse. Some steep hills on the back of the farm. The soil is deep clay. Not much rock. None on the ridge tops. Good grass country.

inyati13":1eclq31y said:
Thanks for all the comments. The terrain is very diverse. Some steep hills on the back of the farm. The soil is deep clay. Not much rock. None on the ridge tops. Good grass country.

You definitely have good grass growing country there. I have always said that this farm is good for grazing and not much else.
We have some clay, and a lot of rock. Sometimes setting posts involve concrete, or renting a jackhammer. Had to get a jackhammer on a backhoe to put a waterline deep enough, when putting water to my house, and rerunning a line to the barn.

Ky hills":7zwtab6p said:
inyati13":7zwtab6p said:

You definitely have good grass growing country there. I have always said that this farm is good for grazing and not much else.
We have some clay, and a lot of rock. Sometimes setting posts involve concrete, or renting a jackhammer. Had to get a jackhammer on a backhoe to put a waterline deep enough, when putting water to my house, and rerunning a line to the barn.

When I put in my water line, I never hit as much as a gravel. The line was 400 feet in length, 30 inches deep.

Latest posts