Dang pigs are smart

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

One of the pigs got smart today and actually opened the sliding latch on the pen door. It's chest high on me. So I see pigs going every which direction and grab the
22 mag because I'm sure I'm going to hafta shoot one of them.
Get all the domestics back in just by shaking an empty feed bag but the little wild Dow I was feeding out for a roast was gone. As in headed for Caustics house gone. couple hours later I see her but she slips into palmettos. So i go back in for supper. Then codey says " what's Oreo (11 month old heifer) looking at" . Sure enough the dang sow is back in the pasture so I grab the rifle again. Dropped her at 200 yds dead in the head.
Hadn't planned on cooking her up yet but I'll smoke her out Saturday. She shod be well cleaned out and I got her 2 months ago at maybe 20 lbs and she probably was 50 or so today.
At least it wasn't a total waste.

Dang good shot ..200yds with a 22Mag.I got one one time at 250yds with a 22 hornet.Also a head shot.

Cal

Well you get an attaboy for getting it, before I had to bring it back and take off my belt.
The only good rooter is one on the pit or a buzzard sitting on it.

I was thinking just that as I squeezed the trigger cb
Calman, my planned impact point was 1" below the top of her head and center. Hit her 3" lower and 2" my right with what i figure was about 9" hold over. but for a standin off hand shot I'm not going to complain. Dead is dead

Hook many years ago a trucker came to load fats out, he opens the roll up door and standing inside is a little piglet, that he thought was gonna die so he didn't unload it at his last stop, well the damn thing survived. He threw it out on ground pig takes off running. Over the course of time the pig thinks he is a dog, whatever the german shepard did the pig did. Well the shepard gets that hip or leg deal or whatever happens to them, he quits chasing cars, not the hog, there isn't nothing funnier than watching a 300 pound hog come dashing out of a dogloo at you when you drive up, then of course the damn thing would be making every hog noise imaginable.

Latest posts