Dang cold

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave said:
Silver said:
Nesikep said:
Nothing worse than stubbing your toe on a cow turd!

Or trip over, or twist an ankle on... lol

But since I've brought the sound of frozen turds, I'm suddenly curios as to how cold it must be before they become musical. Hopefully won't get a chance to find out this winter, but if it happens I will try to record the temperature just for inquiring minds :lol:

If this is to be a true scientific experiment there will be other variables to be controlled. What is the size of the cow turd? What is the diet of the cow who left the turd? How long has said turd been on the ground? How hard are you kicking it? And of course it is not just the temperature when it comes to weather conditions. Is it overcast? Wind, both speed and direction? And then there is the volume of the sound of the tinkle itself. How do you intend to measure the sound. You know that inquiring minds want details. You might have to apply for a grant in order to record all this important information.

Well you took the fun right out of it.... until you brought up the grant idea. I'm sure I could frame the application around a global warming perspective. I might even get Al Gore and Leonardo DiCaprio to pitch in some additional funding. 8)

Silver said:
Dave said:
Silver said:
Or trip over, or twist an ankle on... lol

But since I've brought the sound of frozen turds, I'm suddenly curios as to how cold it must be before they become musical. Hopefully won't get a chance to find out this winter, but if it happens I will try to record the temperature just for inquiring minds :lol:

If this is to be a true scientific experiment there will be other variables to be controlled. What is the size of the cow turd? What is the diet of the cow who left the turd? How long has said turd been on the ground? How hard are you kicking it? And of course it is not just the temperature when it comes to weather conditions. Is it overcast? Wind, both speed and direction? And then there is the volume of the sound of the tinkle itself. How do you intend to measure the sound. You know that inquiring minds want details. You might have to apply for a grant in order to record all this important information.

Well you took the fun right out of it.... until you brought up the grant idea. I'm sure I could frame the application around a global warming perspective. I might even get Al Gore and Leonardo DiCaprio to pitch in some additional funding. 8)

I certainly wasn't trying to take the fun out of it. I can see a well written grant on this subject being worth at least $200,000. There has certainly been more money spent on less important issues.

Thought I'd report.
Kicked a cow turd this morning and it did not tinkle. There was a slight muffled hint of a tinkle, but it did not officially qualify as a tinkle.
Turd was 2 days old, of grass / alfalfa hayleage origin, weight approx 1 lb. Kicked with moderate force to cause the turd to travel 20 ft.
Humidity was 78%, no wind, temp -34C.
Looks like it's going to cool off over the week ahead so I will report back as conditions change.

Silver said:
Thought I'd report.
Kicked a cow turd this morning and it did not tinkle. There was a slight muffled hint of a tinkle, but it did not officially qualify as a tinkle.
Turd was 2 days old, of grass / alfalfa hayleage origin, weight approx 1 lb. Kicked with moderate force to cause the turd to travel 20 ft.
Humidity was 78%, no wind, temp -34C.
Looks like it's going to cool off over the week ahead so I will report back as conditions change.

Silver can you run back out and check that turd again before it gets really cold?? Could have just been a frozen fart. If it is take it to the house and lay it up on the mantel to thaw. Might need to crack a window. :lol2: :lol2:

Latest posts