Dang It.

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
I just can not get a break on my garden this year.
It started out fine just a problem with Morning Glory and button weeds.
Now this never ending heat has cooked my spinach and over half of my green beans.
Storm rolled through last night winds were clocked at 65 mph. Half my corn is now laying down.
This morning found those dang bilster beetles in my garden.
I like gardening, but right now I'm ready to give up.

Alright I'm insane. Any suggestions for how to plan the placing of my vegtables in my garden next year to help combat all of this? The plot is on the south side of my house and is around 20X40ft. I put up a wire fence to keep my chickens, kids and dog out. There are no trees except to the west side and a chain link fence that seperates it from our pasture.
Normally plant spinach, corn, tomatos, kholradi, zucchini, green beans, beets, squash, pumpkins, cantalope, peas and watermelon.

Any suggestions would be great. :D

There is a book called Square Foot Gardening, used to be a show on PBS as well. I think the book is out of print but you probably can find it on the web somewhere. It is excellent. Deals with all this stuff.

I think its the garden catastrophes tha make us love gardening so and makes us appreciate when things go right. Good Luck.

I feel your pain. I'm in a "wind zone too. Most of our weather comes from the west, I've often thought of putting up a 6 ft tall section of wood privicy fence on that end of the garden (the kind them city folk put up to keep their neighbors out). Just to serve as a wind block, but not right up against it. Maybe 5 - 6 ft away.
Anyone done anything like this before? Might help.

Don't give up, just keep try'n new things!

Latest posts