Slow it down

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Was out doing some rounds today and something yellow caught my eye in the right of way. I stopped and investigated and found a huge clump of daylillies. Beautiful yellow. Grabbed my shovel and dug them up but left a few bibs in place to reproduce. Drove about a mile down another road when I spotted something orange. Another clump of orange daylillies. Did the same to this clump. Gonna slow it down for the next few days and keep my eyes peeled because this is too good to be driving past.

I know how it goes. I'm often the guy pulled over on the side of the road who you think is picking up beer cans. I have a 15 mile stretch of road that is loaded with asparagus and apparently I'm the only person that knows what it is - or not to proud to be seen rooting on the side of the road.

TennesseeTuxedo":yd76vupp said:
What will you do with them now that you have dug them up?

Hopefully these will score a few brownie points with the sweet smelling one at the house. I've already planted them and watered them in good. Next year I'll bust the clumps up and spread them out so they will multiply.

This is a great time of year to find stuff like this. How these got started in the roadside is beyond me. Closest old homeplace was about a mile from this spot. This is near where I found the orange ones. I always leave some of the clump in place so it can rejuvienate what I take. The yellow ones are beautiful. If I remember I'll take some pictures of some daylillies this weekend and post them. Great plant.

No stealing here. I got permission except for the asparagas and the DOT is only going to mow that so I'm only helping them do their job. Just doing my civic duty. :mrgreen:

Jogeephus":ywd7qndh said:
No stealing here. I got permission except for the asparagas and the DOT is only going to mow that so I'm only helping them do their job. Just doing my civic duty. :mrgreen:
Someone dropped the seeds from the airplane at the wrong spot

Jogeephus":rmujmat3 said:

:lol: I'd be glad to help you out with the asparagus.

You should see the asparagus. It runs for miles. When I first saw it I thought it was dill weed then I stopped and saw what it was. Have had many a good meal off this while people pay drive by on their way to Walmart to pay $3 a bunch for it. Its best to hit it about a week or so after DOT mows it.

Latest posts