Let it snow? On the tomatoes?

Help Support CattleToday:

Deepsouth

Reaction score
where the Mason-Dixon line is considered the far n
I went up to my Daddy's a while ago and found this on his tomato garden.

IMAG1977.jpg

IMAG1975.jpg

Something has gotten into his tomatoes the last three nights. He was looking for something to use as a scarecrow and found Santa clause. He hung the little sleigh up just to keep it in the right spirit.

I told him I didn't think momma was going to be to happy with him.

Deepsouth that's pretty funny. I will tell you what he can get that will keep predators on his garden at bay unless its a big turtle eating them.
DS I use these on my rabbit dog training pen keeps predators away like owls and other stuff also would be good for pastures if you have coyote problems they work. It may work for whatever is eating his stuff

http://www.niteguard.com/

or get a cheap solar light from harbor freight for 20 bucks that is motion sensored and will cut on when the thieves show up.

Sky, I'm not so sure that thing will work. Animals adapt to things like that real quick. I use to have a motion light over a corn feeder Indy back yard and the deer never paid any attention to it when it came on. I've see deer eat right up to just a few yards of chained dogs and watched them eating in soybean fields with gas cannons firing.

Deepsouth":uox10bhm said:
Sky, I'm not so sure that thing will work. Animals adapt to things like that real quick. I use to have a motion light over a corn feeder Indy back yard and the deer never paid any attention to it when it came on. I've see deer eat right up to just a few yards of chained dogs and watched them eating in soybean fields with gas cannons firing.

oh ok... It keeps everything away from my pen I guess our animals up here are chicken shyt's lol Put up a game cam so he knows what hes up against.

Deer will knock tomatoes off the vine but not eat them. It's the little ones, I guess you might call fawns, that do it.

skyhightree1":2tu8hrhd said:
Deepsouth":2tu8hrhd said:

oh ok... It keeps everything away from my pen I guess our animals up here are chicken shyt's lol Put up a game cam so he knows what hes up against.

He put a trap in the pen and was going to try to get a game camera up tonight.

Deepsouth":2p5zn4tg said:
skyhightree1":2p5zn4tg said:
lol hes on a roll

Yeah, he acts upset about the tomatoes but he really likes crap like this, it gives something to do.

True.. It is good to have older folks have something to do - My grandmother is working on a project that I was going to do but she told me she wanted to do it...

Latest posts