Daily Chuckle

Help Support CattleToday:

Pretty sure I did all of them except collecting green or s&h green stamps . My mother did tho as well as black gold stamps. and I never heard of the cootie catcher thing
black gold.jpg

View attachment 21905

I believe I did them all. #17 - My mother was a great seamstress and made shirts for us but I thought it meant we were poor and was reluctant to wear mine. I wish I had one of those shirts today. Was not sure about #19 so I searched it ... yup did that one too.

Bob

I got all 20, too. "Red Rover, Red Rover, send Robert (or whomever) right over!" LOL!

I had the handmade clothes, too, with both a mother and a grandmother who sewed. What made it bad for me was that my younger sister and I always had the same clothes. "Sister dresses," they called them. We walked around looking like the Bobbsey Twins, and we both hated it.

But yeah, all that other stuff... brings back so many memories. :)

I got all 20, too. "Red Rover, Red Rover, send Robert (or whomever) right over!" LOL!

I had the handmade clothes, too, with both a mother and a grandmother who sewed. What made it bad for me was that my younger sister and I always had the same clothes. "Sister dresses," they called them. We walked around looking like the Bobbsey Twins, and we both hated it.

But yeah, all that other stuff... brings back so many memories. :)

I played my share of that, mostly at vacation Bible school. It's a wonder they never had to call an ambulance.

I played my share of that, mostly at vacation Bible school. It's a wonder they never had to call an ambulance.

I'm just glad I grew up when I did, so I could learn through experience and by making mistakes. I got to play outside, ride my bike, climb trees, ride the neighbor's horse bareback, and all sorts of dangerous things. Mom always said, "Be back by dinnertime," and that was the only requirement. And we were back by dinnertime. :) Only occasionally was a doctor or hospital visit required, but again, we learned from those mistakes. (Boy did we get hollered at if an injury required more than some iodine and a Band-Aid.)

Jealousy and envy are not admirable qualities, even if they are understandable.
Might be missing the punny part of that.. though I'm not jealous or envious of most aspects of Tx.. I have good water, nice scenery, etc.. I will congratulate texas on this recent groundbreaking legislation that I hope spreads to other states/countries 1665437540116.png

Neighborhood kid that helped on the farm for 6-7 years and chiseled her way into being part of the family said, "now Scott, dude you know I'd never hurt your feelings intentionally or hopefully even accidently, so don't take this wrong! You have the most perfect farmers tan ever, seriously dude!"🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sweet Sparky, I almost feel famous!

Two older women were outside their nursing home, having a smoke, when it started to rain.

One of the ladies pulled out a condom, cut off the end, put it over her cigarette, and continued smoking.

First Lady: What's that?

Second Lady: A condom. This way my cigarette doesn't get wet.

First Lady: Where did you get it?

Second Lady: You can get them at any drugstore.

The next day, Lady 1 hobbles herself into the local drugstore and announces to the pharmacist that she wants a box of condoms.

The guy, obviously embarrassed, looks at her strangely (she is, after all, over 80 years old), but very delicately asks what brand she prefers.

Doesn't matter son, as long as it fits a Camel.

Okay, @Travlr, that segues into . . . .
Last year my dad (at the time, 89) was helping Mr. TC change the blades on the brush hog, at one point using his 4-prong cane as a hammer. Two of the grips flew off, never could find them, and he announced that we owe him a box of rubbers. No! Daddy, don't EVER say that! So, I went to the local drugstore and bought him replacement rubber grips for his cane - and a box of condoms. Not awkward at all in a small town!😳 Unfortunately, my prank "gift" backfired because he & my mom loved it, all smiles. Not the reaction I was aiming for!!!

Sugar sandwiches used to be my favorite after-school snack. See, you take two pieces of bread, slather butter on them (ugh, we had margarine when I was a kid), then put as much sugar on each slice as will stick to the butter, and smack 'em together and eat it. No wonder I was such a hyper child. ;) It makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck to even THINK of eating a sugar sandwich today.

Jumped to a 19 , found out what a cootie catcher was and can count it . Still no sugar sandwich but have eaten lots of mayonnaise sandwiches and a few onion ones .
19, minus the sugar sandwich. We never had a salt shaker or a sugar bowl where us kids could have easy access. I still love a good tomato/onion sandwich.

Going with your mother for the March of Dimes?
Collecting bottles to cash in at the grocery store?
Refreshing the duck tape placed to cover the crack in the outhouse stool seat?
Chasing a lump of homemade soap down the creek because it got away from granny?

Anybody remember Tupperware parties? Us boys would have to wash behind our ears and put on our newest clothes, and be on best behavior. Mom would make finger foods and we would have to serve. She also had Avon parties, but the best was some sort of party where we were told to find something to do outside until momma called us back home. Thank God!
Then I noticed mom placing these big plastic eggs on the table. I knew enough to know those were panty hose, so I left my bedroom window ajar so I could sneak back in for a peek later.

Dad had a very old shortwave/HAM/AM radio. It needed some tubes replaced, but it was a very decorative piece placed in the living room. It was about 4 feet tall and maybe 3 feet wide, and all the guts was up top leaving a large enough void down below for a boy to hide and peak through where the speaker was previously mounted. I learned that day that two boys could fit, because to my surprise, little brother was already there and brought a double handful of cookies.

After the underwear party was over, we looked at each other and decided we could have been spending time at the creek. Minimal flesh. We were disappointed at the time, but still a great memory.

Latest posts