Crossbred Calves Identification

Help Support CattleToday:

aubridges

Reaction score
I recently posted this in the wrong discussion board so I apologize if you are seeing this again!

I bought this pair of crossbred calves around April! I need help identifying what they are crossed with. The poll heifer seems to be stunted or a lowline cross--she has not grown much and has cow features! My calves born after her have passed her up. I don't believe she is a minature because I feel like she has exceeding that height. Right now she is probably 400-450lbs. I'm thinking shes a simmetal or beefmaster cross? Need a second opinion!

The heifer with horns is normal size but I'm not sure if she is just an angus cross? Possibly out of a Jersey cow?

I'm located in Texas-cattle prices are pretty high. What would yall price them out if i put them on CL.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

cow1_zps26ccedad.jpg

cow2_zpsdf430d1e.jpg

On the heifer with white legs, I see shorthorn influence.

On the horned heifer, I see jersey cross.

Hard to say what the other breeds may be......both could very easily have longhorn in them.

LauraleesFarm":30e82eg8 said:
On the heifer with white legs, I see shorthorn influence.

On the horned heifer, I see jersey cross.

Hard to say what the other breeds may be......both could very easily have longhorn in them.

I agree, the first heifer is shorthorn, the head is too long for simmental or beefmaster. No resemblance to either except for color maybe.
But what does it matter? Put them on Craigslist as crossbred heifers. Look at the market prices locally at the auction, and go with that.

Latest posts