CRAPOLA!!!! JACK IN THE BOX CEO DOUBTS BORDER WILL REOPEN

Help Support CattleToday:

ManyHorses

Reaction score
DES MOINES, Iowa (Dow Jones)--Jack In The Box Inc. (JBX) expressed doubts Wednesday that the U.S.-Canadian border will reopen for beef imports as scheduled early next month.

"Our intelligence indicates the March 7 (date announced by authorities) has slipped," Chief Executive Robert Nugent said on a conference call. "That's what we're expecting."

Cattlemen all across the nation should be up in arms about Jack In The Box CEO Robert Nugent making the above statement. This is a hugely disappointing remark suggesting that Nugent has insider information from the USDA.

Why would he say "Our intelligence indicates..." - What intelligence and what kind of intelligence operation is Jack In Th Box running inside the USDA that supports his claim!

Has Nugent taken a position in the market that would allow him to profit from his sources, obviously inside the USDA?

Why would the CEO of any company so directly involved in the cattle industry feel compelled to make such a remark? Why wouldn't the Secretary of Agriculture be telling cattlemen the truth if it were the truth?

What ever your ilk on the Canadian border reopening - NUGENT'S STATEMENT SMELLS OF INSIDER INFORMATION AND RUNNING AN INTELLIGENCE OPERATION INSIDE THE USDA!!

This is exactly the kind of misinformation that can ruin lives and businesess and it is not fair to let it go unquestioned!!

Please email to the USDA and voice your opinion one way or the other to the Secretary of Agriculture and to your local cattle associations.

Richard

Of course they have an intelligence operation. Haven't you ever seen that hidden microphone in the clown?

for all your pontification on the ins and outs of the ccommodities markets you must not been doin this for long. the fact that your so amazed that usda leaks info to big player insiders just goes to show how naive you ar e. ill give you a tip. they leak to your cme buddies too. which doesn't help the little man much. one more reason to stay away from futures. and those who think theyre the answer to the ranchers problems.

You wouldn't think Jack in the box would have some longs bought too high that they need to cover in Feb. They don't have to have " insider " info for this to be a profitable statement.

Perfect for a smart trader like you though Many Voices. You can now reinvest all that money you made covering those positions were discussing the other day.....or....you did take your own advice and reduce your risk didn't you .....

Or it could just be somebody trying to jump the gun and look smart if it happens. Kind of like when ESPN reported that Shaq was out for the season last week when he sprained his ankle, then had to backtrack when they found out their source was a load of crapola.

If it happens, then this guys looks like a genius and has friends on the inside, and if it doesn't, then oh well, everyone will forget about it in a couple of weeks.

Ollie,

A couple weeks ago I asked you where you were from and you told us folks you were from Boston... and you were a meat trader for M.L... leading us to believe you meant Merrill Lynch.

Whoever you are, you most certainly are not a meat trader from whoever M.L. is, you don't know squat about cattle trading or pricing.

There are two major differences between you and me:

First I'm who I say I am... and I doubt that you're any kind of meat trader for whoever M.L. is supposed to be.

If you are not a meat trader for this M.L. then I think you owe us folks an apology for misleading us... and just as guilty of spreading mis-information as this guy from Jack in the cr...

Secondly, I am honest and post my trades when I make 'em. Anytime you want to post your trades I'd be more than happy to go head to head with you and 'clean your butt'!

Want more trades I personally made this morning... Straight short April Live Cattle at 85.90 and straight short April Feeder Cattle at 97.40. These are speculative trades and I'm not recommending them for anyone... but just to tell Ollie I know where his brokenmouth is....

Richard

Hey ManyAsses,

Since you have not been around here very long and don't seem to have much respect here, mainly cause of your blowhard style, I thought I'd let you in a little secret...

Ollie, whoever he says he is today, has more respect on these boards than you ever will. That is even factoring Frankie's vote :)

He has also never given any of us any reason to NOT trust him. Most of us know what a joke is and by now several of us know that you are indeed a joke.

Too bad you missed out on the post holes thread a while back. Some of us could have used some advice on them. Maybe I'll just have to bump that one back to the top, I got burnt on them texas post holes Camp sold me.
They went bad and now I am out $ AND product :D

HEHE
Hope this helps and thanks for askin',
Muratic

ManyHorses":iz3k5skg said:
Ollie,

A couple weeks ago I asked you where you were from and you told us folks you were from Boston... and you were a meat trader for M.L... leading us to believe you meant Merrill Lynch.

Whoever you are, you most certainly are not a meat trader from whoever M.L. is, you don't know squat about cattle trading or pricing.

First I'm who I say I am... and I doubt that you're any kind of meat trader for whoever M.L. is supposed to be.

If you are not a meat trader for this M.L. then I think you owe us folks an apology for misleading us... and just as guilty of spreading mis-information as this guy from Jack in the cr...

Secondly, I am honest and post my trades when I make 'em. Anytime you want to post your trades I'd be more than happy to go head to head with you and 'clean your butt'!

Want more trades I personally made this morning... Straight short April Live Cattle at 85.90 and straight short April Feeder Cattle at 97.40. These are speculative trades and I'm not recommending them for anyone... but just to tell Ollie I know where his brokenmouth is....

Richard
Sorry you took me wrong Richard. By meat trader, I ment I own a grocery store with a meat counter. By M.L. I meant Meadow Lake Sk. Sorry for the confusion. My real name is Earl Jefferson.Editing just to clarify, I don't actually OWN the grocery store but I do work there, Not exactly at the meat counter but I can see the meat counter and sometimes I sack some meat in with the can goods and paper products. Not together of course. Paper products never go with meat cause you might get blood on your paper products. I am sure you know that though.

Many Horses
I have known many comomodity brokers. The ones that are successful don't have to blow their horn. I have seen many like yourself that has lasted for a few months to a year or so. If you have a good enough gift of blowing steam out of both sides of your mouth and can bring clients in faster than you loose them you may be in business for another year or so.
No one on this board has asked for your advice or your trades but it seems that you are sure trying to drum up some business and probaly not very successful on this board as it seems that every time that you post something you loose any respect that you may have had.

Many Voices , you may know my brother and sister in law ,George and Weezie. They are in the laundry business . Just like you they are 'moovin on up' .... oh yea you're not moovin on up you are "making it uuup" What a melodious tune.

hey Ollie dont it sound like maybe somebody's tradin account equity is on the downhill slide? :shock:

my pappy always told me that for ever winner there had to be loser of the same $$ and nobodys right all the time but they just like to rember their winners and dont want to tell nobody about when they lose their butt. i always been to chicken and to dumb to play them comodities.

maybe somebody had oughta hire old Clarence Beeks and try to get the inside skinny on what them u.s. ag departmnt folks are really gonna do come march 7?

but he better make sure old Louis Winthorp and Billy Ray Valentine ain't workin fer the other side ;-)

ollie":244frrmb said:
ManyHorses":244frrmb said:
Ollie,

Richard
Sorry you took me wrong Richard. By meat trader, I ment I own a grocery store with a meat counter. By M.L. I meant Meadow Lake Sk. Sorry for the confusion. My real name is Earl Jefferson.Editing just to clarify, I don't actually OWN the grocery store but I do work there, Not exactly at the meat counter but I can see the meat counter and sometimes I sack some meat in with the can goods and paper products. Not together of course. Paper products never go with meat cause you might get blood on your paper products. I am sure you know that though.
Ollie,i didn't know you had a grocery store.How much do you get for a 12 oz.ribeye and how about your futures,say about april? Thanks for asking. :) :) :lol: :lol:

Yeah. It could be pretty interesting to see Many Horses personal equity run for a 2 yr period. We could see how good an adviser and broker he really is.

manyhorses, meet earl.

earl, meet manyhorses.

if the 2 of you team up you can run real cattle. and keyboard cattle.

on opm.

and live happily ever after. on opm.

and if some greater fool actually makes the 2 a loan on one of your ideas you can go bankrupt when it doesnt work out and the real world kicks in .

no problem. just flush em.

the trouble with america today

Hee hee!!! Thats a good posting brokemouth....trouble for those folks is that opm wells goin to run dry one of these days. Speakin for me I'm ready to shut it off now!!!!!

I too enjoy them and wish others would not be so quick to jump down your throat. Why do some have to hide behind a seperate identity to do it?

Latest posts