cows

Help Support CattleToday:

Bulls. The steers were picked out at 4-5mnths old.

No matter how small some folks think the demand for shorthorn bulls is, the quantity demanded is still much greater than the quantity supplied.

cow pollinater":3lybmpqu said:
Massey135":3lybmpqu said:
Correct my thinking if its wrong, but the overwhelming majority of commercial cowherds are homozygous polled..and homozygous black at that. My thinking is that these people should be indifferent about using a horned bull just as they should be indifferent about using a red bull. The resulting offspring should be black and polled regardless..no?
Now hang on here. Weren't you the one that was trying to tell me that char was the way to go as a terminal over sh/an cows a few minutes ago? If you understand that the best market is for black influenced calves then I'd assume that you can understand why a char over a shorthorn/angus is a bad idea.
I'm back to thinking that you don't know what you want.
The boy's gonna be a politician. Just needs to get his historical post "locked" so noone can go back and see what he said last time. :lol2: :lol: :lol2:

TB, if that kids got a cpl hundred grand worth of of cows, I'd sure like to meet him too. He must be doin somethin right.[/quote] id rather meet the man that sold em to him :nod:

TexasBred":330dc3a1 said:
cow pollinater":330dc3a1 said:
Massey135":330dc3a1 said:
Correct my thinking if its wrong, but the overwhelming majority of commercial cowherds are homozygous polled..and homozygous black at that. My thinking is that these people should be indifferent about using a horned bull just as they should be indifferent about using a red bull. The resulting offspring should be black and polled regardless..no?
Now hang on here. Weren't you the one that was trying to tell me that char was the way to go as a terminal over sh/an cows a few minutes ago? If you understand that the best market is for black influenced calves then I'd assume that you can understand why a char over a shorthorn/angus is a bad idea.
I'm back to thinking that you don't know what you want.
The boy's gonna be a politician. Just needs to get his historical post "locked" so noone can go back and see what he said last time. :lol2: :lol: :lol2:

Hey Sherlock - wouldn't you say a smokey colored char sired calf would in fact be "black influenced?"

Blue roan heifers will top the sale all over the country.
:lol: Send a load to me. I'll show you what they're worth. I admit they are worth more than the steers but they ain't worth much.

I am a commercial guy and I do have a couple of blue cows in my herd. But I have them because I tend to be a cheap SOB and I bought them cheap. I breed them black and I can sneak one or two calves showing a touch of blue in with a load of blacks and baldies. But I would hate to have a load of blue calves to sell.

Take the bait, big dog. Call around to some brokers and get em to find you a group of blue heifers and see what they cost you. Speak with some people that actually have some dealings with these types as opposed to your uninformed speculations.

TexasBred":2mrra1ow said:
ALACOWMAN":2mrra1ow said:
id rather meet the man that sold em to him :nod:

I'd rather meet his grandaddy who pays for them. 8)

Lol my mom and I just split buying my Paps new dentures. Hell, he bales hay w/ an ol broke down 5000. He's given me all my cattle sense and I'm forever indebted to him for it, but $$$..he's never had.

Now back to the cows...

Lol my mom and I just split buying my Paps new dentures. be nice, he bales hay w/ an ol broke down 5000. He's given me all my cattle sense and I'm forever indebted to him for it, but $$$..he's never had.

Now back to the cows...[/quote] so fast.......... i was amazed at the part, where you seemed almost human like :lol:

Massey135":pryrdm69 said:
He's given me all my cattle sense and I'm forever indebted to him for it, but $$$..he's never had.

Now back to the cows...

Guess he must be a pretty good teacher considering what little material he had to work with. Too bad you quit the course before he could get to the part about "humility".

TexasBred":1hgvi0vf said:
Massey135":1hgvi0vf said:
He's given me all my cattle sense and I'm forever indebted to him for it, but $$$..he's never had.

Now back to the cows...

Guess he must be a pretty good teacher considering what little material he had to work with. Too bad you quit the course before he could get to the part about "humility".

Massey, you are sounding very familiar, your name isn't Matt is it? I believe you went by MF135 for while, what other names have you been with?

No, my names Ryan. Those are the only 2 usernames I've had. MF135 was banned after I said I'd kill a man's cows if he shot my dog while we were rounding up MY stray cows on his land. (In kathie's Trespassing thread)

chippie said:
OK, I know who you are now. You post at Steer Planet too.

Yea, I like to hang out w/ the blue bloods every once in awhile too. I appreciate the transparency that board offers as well.

Massey135":1j0rvjnk said:
chippie":1j0rvjnk said:
OK, I know who you are now. You post at Steer Planet too.

Yea, I like to hang out w/ the blue bloods every once in awhile too. I appreciate the transparency that board offers as well.
you mean there others on there, you can see through :cowboy:

Latest posts