• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Cow- Water

Help Support CattleToday:

DiamondY42

Reaction score
How long can a cow go without water? This cow calved out last nite approx. @ 12AM- 3AM Saturday nite. Is now 1:55PM Saturday afternoon. She is still at the area where she calved out at and hasn't yet come to water. Should I be concerned about her and if so, when?
Thanx in advance!!!!!!

hillsdown

Reaction score
As long as she is up a moving around and tending to her calf I wouldn't worry, if she has access to water she will get that and food when she wants it. She is just being a good mom right now. I

f you are worried and she is not aggressive towards you ,you can bring her a pale of water and some hay so she can stay with her calf. I have been known to do this once and awhile although it is not necessary ,but that is just me.

Aaron

Reaction score
I agree with HD. Cow is being a good mama. Take her a 5 gallon pail of water and a couple wafers of hay from a square bale and she we thank you. Once she eats and drinks, baby will thank you at the other end. :cowboy:

LoveMoo11

Reaction score
if she can get up and around and has access she is probably OK but you might just take her some water, especially since she has just calved.

Latest posts