Cow- Water

Help Support CattleToday:

DiamondY42

Reaction score
How long can a cow go without water? This cow calved out last nite approx. @ 12AM- 3AM Saturday nite. Is now 1:55PM Saturday afternoon. She is still at the area where she calved out at and hasn't yet come to water. Should I be concerned about her and if so, when?
Thanx in advance!!!!!!

As long as she is up a moving around and tending to her calf I wouldn't worry, if she has access to water she will get that and food when she wants it. She is just being a good mom right now. I

f you are worried and she is not aggressive towards you ,you can bring her a pale of water and some hay so she can stay with her calf. I have been known to do this once and awhile although it is not necessary ,but that is just me.

I agree with HD. Cow is being a good mama. Take her a 5 gallon pail of water and a couple wafers of hay from a square bale and she we thank you. Once she eats and drinks, baby will thank you at the other end. :cowboy:

if she can get up and around and has access she is probably OK but you might just take her some water, especially since she has just calved.