Cow Sense software

Help Support CattleToday:

certherfbeef

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the cowsense herd management software? How is the tech support and the program in general?

Jake, what kind of program are you building?

I don't think that was one of the ones I evaluated when I was selecting what to use.
You might want to look at cattlemax by cattlesoft as benchmark

dun

I don't need other suggestions. I was just wanting to know if anyone has demoed this particular program.

I am currently using CattleWorks and the teksupport is less than adequate.

We have used Cowsense for the past 6 years and have found it to be very helpful. It isn't the easiest in terms of user friendly at first, but we have found it to be the most flexible for what we require. We have the purebred edition and use it for our Registered Red Angus herd....they have interfaces with a number of different breeds so that all data can be submitted and downloaded electronically. Jim Lowe and Tim Davis work very hard on the "support" as well. We also use the Cowsense Sale Manager component for our production sales/mail list. I highly recommend the product.

I'm creating one that will be a combination of a few different programs, namely cattlemax and the improvements I think it needs, in cow tracking, profit predicting. I want to be able to see what a cow will make me through out her production career and for that program to update it's self to the current futures and what not in order to predict that. Pedigree tracking made easy and no-brainer operating. AND something affordable! I also want to be able to say a cow calved, the program to automaticly fill in some data and be able to move and work groups not singles like in many programs.