Cow-Calf pics

Help Support CattleToday:

Congratulations bulls look good. I hope the sale goes well for you.
Thank you. The Tag #305 bull is really a good bull. His ADG on test was low because he put on so much weight on the warm up ration the 60 days before the test.

Thank you. The Tag #305 bull is really a good bull. His ADG on test was low because he put on so much weight on the warm up ration the 60 days before the test.
Congratulations on a solid sale

Congratulations on a solid sale
High seller was FRANK Coalition 313 at $10,500 and second high seller was FRANK Right Time 305 at $8,000. Our 12 head in the sale averaged $5,875. That took some of the sting out of having to pound out 4 pretty good bulls for really high PAP scores, but the good PAP bulls brought a lot of extra money.

On edit: FRANK Resilient 369 was second high seller. The four Right Time bulls sold for $7250, $6000, $5250 and $4500.

Last edited:
When all is said and done were you satisfied with how the Right Time progeny pap tested? We continue to get excellent calf reports and breeders ordering semen a second time around.

When all is said and done were you satisfied with how the Right Time progeny pap tested? We continue to get excellent calf reports and breeders ordering semen a second time around.
I think so. I took 6 Right Time sons to Laramie October 31. They were PAP screened on December 15. I RT bull was 67 so I brought him home at that time. He is still at home and am planning to use him as just cleanup for now. February 15 they ran the final PAP test with Dr. Holt. A RT son posted 86 or 87 and I will have to cull him. The other 4 went through the sale. 3 of the 4 PAP'd in the low 40s. My experience with PAP testing at high elevation (7200') is that 50% or more of cattle will be over 50 mean arterial pressure. Dr. Holt thinks around 6400' is where we really find out what cattle can PAP well and there are too few cattle that get tested at that elevation just because there are limited places to develop bulls at that altitude. Factoring in the cow from my cows side as well (some are not good at altitude, but will take several years to find them), I do think Right Time will improve the PAP issue in cattle. I don't think he is as reliable as Sitz Resilient on PAP, but there aren't enough PAP scores on Right Time yet to really tell for sure. I plan to keep on using him.

Wind been blowing 40 and gusting 65+ since yesterday morning. This tree belt helps some, but it has a lot of holes in it from when a fire went through before we bought the place. One of the few spots I can feed when the wind is howling and not have all the hay blow away.

Attachments

• IMG_20240407_091043.jpg
    IMG_20240407_091043.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts