Donor Cow Pregnancy

Help Support CattleToday:

MLFuller

Reaction score
We are fairly new to flushing our donor cows and had a question about getting the donor pregnant after we flush her (conventional flush). After you flush the donor cow, can you live transfer an egg back into her? Or is there some wait period due to the drugs, etc. before she can become pregnant? If that is the case, how long do you wait before you do a timed CIDR protocal and AI her? We are indifferent on if we AI or put an embryo into her. We just want to get her back into the rotation as soon as possible, if that comes by a live transfer after the flush (if that is possible) or 30-60 days after the flush by AI.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

I breed after the shot of Lute if they show good heat, dont think I'd put an egg in a Donor cow when a straw will accomplish the same thing , much cheaper.

I thought about waiting for that heat after the flush to AI but I just put the bull in with her to make sure the job got done and kept her calving right.

I'm with BSE can't imagine putting an egg in a donor when she is cycling she is making an egg that just needs to be fertilized. We have bred AI on the heat after the second lute shot, we have also just put her out with the bull.

Gizmom

Thank you everyone. We had a successful flush Monday and we will AI her in a couple weeks (not turning out with bull as our herd bull is a son of her's).