covid

Help Support CattleToday:

I listened to a Dr. recently give a good explanation of why fall and winter is cold and flu season. He said we start with Halloween..... kids/adults generally speaking load up on sugar/candy. Sugar inhibits the body from utilizing certain nutrients especially Vitamin C.. Then comes Thanksgiving when most of us eat way too much.....and not just one day but for days with this dinner and that dinner and lots of left overs for days. Then comes Christmas.....Christmas dinner here and a Christmas dinner there and so on just like Thanksgiving...then come New years eve parties with more food, alcohol, sugar etc. during that 2 month period the bodies digestive system gets really taxed....then people start getting sick.

I listened to a Dr. recently give a good explanation of why fall and winter is cold and flu season. He said we start with Halloween..... kids/adults generally speaking load up on sugar/candy. Sugar inhibits the body from utilizing certain nutrients especially Vitamin C.. Then comes Thanksgiving when most of us eat way too much.....and not just one day but for days with this dinner and that dinner and lots of left overs for days. Then comes Christmas.....Christmas dinner here and a Christmas dinner there and so on just like Thanksgiving...then come New years eve parties with more food, alcohol, sugar etc. during that 2 month period the bodies digestive system gets really taxed....then people start getting sick.
Well, let's not forget about reducing the number of hours of sunshine, reducing the amount of vitamins in food (our vegetables are mostly greenhouse, which is not that). And of course, junk food, alcohol, sweets also affect the state of our body. Plus cold, dampness - favorable conditions for the reproduction of all kinds of nasty things. As a result, we have a regular seasonal incidence.

Well, let's not forget about reducing the number of hours of sunshine, reducing the amount of vitamins in food (our vegetables are mostly greenhouse, which is not that). And of course, junk food, alcohol, sweets also affect the state of our body. Plus cold, dampness - favorable conditions for the reproduction of all kinds of nasty things. As a result, we have a regular seasonal incidence.
You are correct. As we age our skin becomes less effective at making Vitamin D and also this time of year if you live North of the mason-dixon line the sun is at too low of an angle for anyone to get enough D from it...so the experts say.

It is bad around here...
Yes, continual spread and gaining steam.
BUT Good News

In addition to the development of 2 new vaccines offering hope as a light at the end of the tunnel. A recent study found, most recovered Covid patients still have immunity 8 months later and the immunity protection resembles recovered Sars patients with immunity duration of 17 yrs.

One and done would be great.

Yes, continual spread and gaining steam.
BUT Good News

In addition to the development of 2 new vaccines offering hope as a light at the end of the tunnel. A recent study found, most recovered Covid patients still have immunity 8 months later and the immunity protection resembles recovered Sars patients with immunity duration of 17 yrs.

One and done would be great.
Where did you find this information? If true about the immunity part that would be very good

The vaccines appear to be quite effective, and people skeptical of the long term effects should also consider that we don't have a clue what the long term effects of natural covid infection are, either. I'll take my chances with the vaccine.

I was speaking with a friend in the insurance industry, and he was saying he expects we'll see incentives for people to get vaccinated. People who don't get vaccinated can expect to be paying extra on their monthly premiums.

Where did you find this information? If true about the immunity part that would be very good
Reported by The NY Times on study by University of California School of Medicine

The study is so recent it has not yet been peer reviewed.
But I thought the news from the initial report was so good and that we deserve to hear some good news, so I chose to post it.

Last edited:
Effectiveness of Masks
University of Copenhagen study found wearing a mask provided a benefit of 0.3% to the wearer. Which is no substantial benefit, perhaps preventing 1 in 300 cases.

It is assumed if the wearer was a carrier of Covid it would provide undetermined greater benefits to those around them.
Wearing masks might have a symbolic effect for all, as a reminder to stay aware of other risks and promote social distance and hand washing.

It could be argued that wearing a mask gives some a false sense of security.

Last edited:
Effectiveness of Masks
University of Copenhagen study found wearing a mask provided a benefit of 0.3% to the wearer. Which is no substantial benefit, perhaps preventing 1 in 300 cases.

It is assumed if the wearer was a carrier of Covid it would provide undetermined greater benefits to those around them.
Wearing masks might have a symbolic effect for all, as a reminder to stay aware of other risks and promote social distance and hand washing.

It could be argued that wearing a mask gives some a false sense of security.
EnGy1eDXYAEKs88.jpg

Cases are shooting up here in Ohio and our dictator, I mean governor, has threatened another shut down if we can't get our act together by this Thursday. We've already had family members back out of Thanksgiving dinner (even though we've been around them numerous times since March). Lots of panic being spread on the news and social media.

I'm on the same page as you Jeanne - this virus isn't going anywhere and we can only do so much. Even those who diligently wear masks, sanitize and distance themselves are not immune as they may think. We aren't promised one minute here on Earth so we might as well live it to the fullest, in my opinion.
Yeah what's up with Daddy Dewines curfew? Rona only comes out at night? But businesses can stay open, even though it's now illegal for their customers to be out past 10 PM. WTF
We are hosting Thanksgiving at our place this year. Should be about 30 close family members. Life is short and like Jeanne said so well I will not live in fear of this thing. I enjoy all the time I can get with my family and we will not let this virus destroy our lives.

Yeah what's up with Daddy Dewines curfew? Rona only comes out at night? But businesses can stay open, even though it's now illegal for their customers to be out past 10 PM. WTF
We are hosting Thanksgiving at our place this year. Should be about 30 close family members. Life is short and like Jeanne said so well I will not live in fear of this thing. I enjoy all the time I can get with my family and we will not let this virus destroy our lives.
Really hope all goes well for you and the family. Just be very careful. If you are unlucky and a family gets it you may be going to some family funerals.

Almost 50% of people say they will not take the vaccine. It has nothing to do with any political issues. From information that has been talked about by a few doctors and researchers, the issue with the vaccine is that the kind of vaccine it is will possibly change a persons DNA make up. Some have said that a person needs to have DNA taken before they get the vaccine and then after they get the vaccine, wait a few months a have another DNA test taken. Compare the two and see what has changed.

This vaccine is a genetically engineered vaccine. This type of vaccine uses genetically engineered RNA or DNA that has instructions for making copies of the S protein. These copies prompt an immune response to the virus. With this approach, no infectious virus needs to be handled. While genetically engineered vaccines are in the works, none has been licensed for human use.

Really hope all goes well for you and the family. Just be very careful. If you are unlucky and a family gets it you may be going to some family funerals.
Or not, as in the case of my husband's grandmother. Required limited attendance and quarantine after traveling out of state-didn't get to say goodbye. She died in a hospital with no one she knew.

Or not, as in the case of my husband's grandmother. Required limited attendance and quarantine after traveling out of state-didn't get to say goodbye. She died in a hospital with no one she knew.
Condolences to your family. This scenario is the dark side of the politically motivated quest to supposedly protect the public at all costs & far too common.

Almost 50% of people say they will not take the vaccine. It has nothing to do with any political issues. From information that has been talked about by a few doctors and researchers, the issue with the vaccine is that the kind of vaccine it is will possibly change a persons DNA make up. Some have said that a person needs to have DNA taken before they get the vaccine and then after they get the vaccine, wait a few months a have another DNA test taken. Compare the two and see what has changed.

This vaccine is a genetically engineered vaccine. This type of vaccine uses genetically engineered RNA or DNA that has instructions for making copies of the S protein. These copies prompt an immune response to the virus. With this approach, no infectious virus needs to be handled. While genetically engineered vaccines are in the works, none has been licensed for human use.
Genetically engineered vaccine isn't going to change your genome. The genetic engineering fear mongering has been going on for decades and it's been debunked over and over again. It doesn't matter if you inject it, eat it, drink it, or boof it, consuming genetically engineered product doesn't alter your genes. The scientific consensus is overwhelming. Anyone still disagreeing at this point is a quack.

"Some have said" is not a reputable source. I don't care what "some" say. What are their names and credentials?

Latest posts