covid

Help Support CattleToday:

Do they give a reason?

Think it won't work?
Are they skeered of it?
I assume they fear unforeseen side affects. I just would like to go about doing what needs done with no fear of me spreading it. It may be a very long time before nursing homes etc are open to visits though.

We are business as usual for the most part. The school was trying to fuel the hysteria but some people fought back against the testing and proved they were freaking out over people who tested positive and could have had it 6 months ago.

Basically if any one showed signs or tested positive the school sent them home for two weeks or until the went and got tested. They also forced every one who came in contact to be tested.

So if you understand basic math it only takes one person to be active. Then 30 other people who came in contact have to get tested. Statistically at least one in those 30 will have had it at some point which causes another 30 to be tested, so on and so on.

Next thing you know it appears there is an outbreak. In actuality because they wont let the kid back to school until they are tested every one is running out and getting the 24hr test that only shows if it is in your system, not if it is currently active.

Luckily a parent who's kid was involved went and got their kid tested in a different form and showed them it was not active and the flaw in the school's system.

The school corrected their protocol and the fire was put out. The school has done away with remote learning unless you have a doctor's note.

Last edited:
Statistically at least one in those 30 will have had it at some point which causes another 30 to be tested, so on and so on.
Important words. 'at least.

The wedding up in Maine with 55 attendees is now known to be responsible for more than 170 cases and up to 7 deaths. None of the dead people were actually at the wedding.

Aug. 7

The couple held their wedding reception in an event room at the Big Moose Inn. Although Maine prohibited indoor gatherings of more than 50 people, 55 guests were in attendance. They were seated around 10 tables, in groups of four to six people.
Signs posted by the inn informed guests that they were required to wear face masks, but "guests did not comply," according to the report. They also disregarded advice to remain at least six feet away from people who weren't members of their own households.

All Big Moose Inn employees wore masks.

Aug. 8

One of the wedding guests came down with a "fever, runny nose, cough, and fatigue," according to the report. The guest, who lived in Maine and became known as "the index patient," was later tested for a coronavirus infection.

Aug. 10

Another person who had performed as a musician at the reception came down with a cough. Nonetheless, this person attended an in-person meeting at a school in East Millinocket.

Aug. 11

A worker at the Maplecrest Rehabilitation and Living Center, a long-term-care facility 100 miles from Millinocket in Madison, Maine, came down with a "fever, chills, cough, myalgia, runny nose, and headache" — all symptoms consistent with COVID-19. This worker's child had attended the wedding reception, and the two had been in close contact in the days right afterward.
Despite having obvious signs of illness, the Maplecrest employee went to work that day, and the next.

Aug. 13

The coronavirus test result for the index patient came in. It was positive.
The Maplecrest worker was tested for a coronavirus infection.

Aug. 14

One of the wedding guests came down with a cough, sore throat, runny nose, muscle aches and a loss of his sense of taste. This person worked more than 200 miles away at the York County Jail.
Meanwhile, a school staffer who had been in contact with the moonlighting musician was diagnosed with COVID-19.

Aug. 15

The York County Jail employee showed up for an eight-hour shift despite having COVID-19 symptoms. It was the first of five consecutive days of work for the employee, who spent time at two separate "correctional facility housing units."

Aug. 19

All Maplecrest residents and staff were tested for the coronavirus.
The wedding reception guest who worked for the York County Jail was officially diagnosed with COVID-19. So were three other staffers there. Officials from the MeCDC began an investigation of the jail outbreak.

Aug. 20

The number of confirmed infections tied to the wedding reception rose to 30. They included 27 of the 55 reception guests — 49% of those in attendance — as well as the musician, a staff member at the inn, and a customer at the inn who was not there for the wedding party.

Over time, health officials determined that the guests who were infected at the reception spread the virus to another 17 people, who in turn spread it to 10 more people.

Overall, 90% of those connected to the wedding reception outbreak developed COVID-19 symptoms.

The rest of it can be read at the link, but the outbreak caused by that one gathering continues today.

I've heard for the last few months, that it was all gonna be over by Nov 4. I guess those that believed that finally came to the realization that a virus particle just don't give a flyin **** what a calendar says or what might happen (ed) on that date?
That's true. I believe it was even mentioned here a few months back that it would go away after the election. I'm glad I didn't make any plans based on that prediction. Instead, it's getting worse. Perhaps they meant eight months after the election.

Do they give a reason?

Think it won't work?
Are they skeered of it?
The people I've heard from who are refusing a vaccine are conspiracy theorists...I'll be getting it as soon as it's available I imagine (health care). I've heard that storage is much trickier than standard vaccines though, so actual available doses may be limited by logistics of storage...

It is a bug - it is not going to go away. It gets worse as weather gets colder just like the common flu and cold. I will not live my life in fear. Luckily, I have that choice being on a farm. My life is pretty much just like it always has been. We didn't have all our shows to go to, so we created shows for the juniors. Great success. Had hundreds of people - not 1 person got sick. Only 1 family wore a mask (occasionally).
I am not saying it is bad - but, it's not going away. Vaccine may help. Herd immunity will help. Problem with the vaccine, what side affects will there be - 1 year from now - 5 years from now - 3 months from now??? Not exactly "tried and true". I barely like to take the "normal" flu vaccine.

Over 1,900 covid deaths in nursing homes during the last week of October.
18% were in rural nursing homes, even though they only house 10% of the nursing home population. It's projected November weekly nursing home covid deaths will easily top 2,000 a week and will continue growing as they get around to tabulating the numbers.

We shouldn't have those numbers in NY - our smart Gov Coumo put ambulatory Covid patients IN our nursing homes to be cared for. Guess what happened? Hmm, that's a good way to lower SS & Medicare patient's expenses.
"New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo ordered thousands of COVID-19 patients to be sent to nursing homes, while the USNS Comfort, a hospital ship sent to New York to help treat patients, sat empty and unused." Here is SNOPES take on this claim:

Problem with "herd immunity" is nobody knows if that is even possible. There are reports of people getting covid several months after initial recovery, they don't know if they are the exception or if everyone can keep getting it. Right now the repeat cases are less severe, but they are months later, what happens if you get it a year later? Is it still milder or will it be the same as the first time or worse? Even the vaccines are unknown, will people need them every 6 months, every year, or will they be good for life?

I don't think it is not possible to get covid totally under control with the way it works. If your infectious 3 days before you even know you have it how do you prevent that from spreading. You can lock everything down and mandate masks, but "essential" workers, which is about 50% of the workforce, will still be going to work every day. A certain percentage of the population will refuse to wear a mask no matter what. You're just not going to control it in a free society. We will probably just have to learn to live with it as we have with the common cold or the flu. And I am in no way saying Covid-19 is the same as the flu.

Cases are shooting up here in Ohio and our dictator, I mean governor, has threatened another shut down if we can't get our act together by this Thursday. We've already had family members back out of Thanksgiving dinner (even though we've been around them numerous times since March). Lots of panic being spread on the news and social media.

I'm on the same page as you Jeanne - this virus isn't going anywhere and we can only do so much. Even those who diligently wear masks, sanitize and distance themselves are not immune as they may think. We aren't promised one minute here on Earth so we might as well live it to the fullest, in my opinion.

Latest posts