covid

Help Support CattleToday:

Really hope all goes well for you and the family. Just be very careful. If you are unlucky and a family gets it you may be going to some family funerals.
Thanks Hurleyjd. I do appreciate that. People in this country make calculated risks on a daily basis. This difference from us and other countries is we have the freedom to do so, right or wrong. The old saying "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink" comes to mind. I wear a mask when necessary and follow most rules as outlined by the CDC but FORCING families not to gather or worship crosses the line in my humble opinion. We are all entitled to our own opinions in the good old USA but where we screw up is when we try to convince others to see our side. That usually doesn't end well for either party.

Yeah what's up with Daddy Dewines curfew? Rona only comes out at night? But businesses can stay open, even though it's now illegal for their customers to be out past 10 PM. WTF
We are hosting Thanksgiving at our place this year. Should be about 30 close family members. Life is short and like Jeanne said so well I will not live in fear of this thing. I enjoy all the time I can get with my family and we will not let this virus destroy our lives.
Ya know, I always try to see the reasoning behind things even if I don't agree with them, but I cannot for the life of me understand the curfew. Bars already have last call at 10. Is he just trying to deter us from gathering with others? We're still permitted to go to work, go to the grocery, go get food etc. if needed and several county law enforcement departments have said they will not enforce it, so what's the point? So frustrating.

Almost 50% of people say they will not take the vaccine. It has nothing to do with any political issues. From information that has been talked about by a few doctors and researchers, the issue with the vaccine is that the kind of vaccine it is will possibly change a persons DNA make up. Some have said that a person needs to have DNA taken before they get the vaccine and then after they get the vaccine, wait a few months a have another DNA test taken. Compare the two and see what has changed.

This vaccine is a genetically engineered vaccine. This type of vaccine uses genetically engineered RNA or DNA that has instructions for making copies of the S protein. These copies prompt an immune response to the virus. With this approach, no infectious virus needs to be handled. While genetically engineered vaccines are in the works, none has been licensed for human use.
We already have GMO (genetically engineered) corn, soybeans, cotton and a few others. Of course, some people avoid those. But they sure have been a big help with crop production. Just thinking out loud -- would people accept genetic engineering in humans if they could prevent cancer or diabetes through genetic engineering?

We already have GMO (genetically engineered) corn, soybeans, cotton and a few others. Of course, some people avoid those. But they sure have been a big help with crop production. Just thinking out loud -- would people accept genetic engineering in humans if they could prevent cancer or diabetes through genetic engineering?
There have several comments of the genetic engineered vaccine. There may be several benefits but also what are the cons? If some have their way about it, genetic engineered vaccines could be used as a form of population control by rendering some people sterile.

If you look at GMO crops, there have been some of the genes that have been turned off or other genes that have been introduced, thus the reason that some people or groups have issue with GMO's. There has also been discussion of being able to modify the DNA of horned animals by turning off the horned gene which would then cause animals to produce polled animals. How would this affect breeds that are traditionally horned?

I agree, there is some DNA genetic engineering that could be helpful but also you have to wonder what will consequences be in the future. Even with science there is still unknowns!

There have several comments of the genetic engineered vaccine. There may be several benefits but also what are the cons? If some have their way about it, genetic engineered vaccines could be used as a form of population control by rendering some people sterile.
While I don't disagree that GMO has definite risks and potential problems (ie most GMO crop patents are owned by Monsanto, which in turn owned by a German company, which could just cut our supply at any time).

The bottom line is that a vaccine cannot change DNA structure. That has to be done on a molecular level and that is simply not how vaccines work. Now, could they do that with an embryo, yes, but not an adult through a vaccine.

The vaccine conspiracy comes from the fact that Bill Gates has donated hundreds of millions of dollars to provide vaccines to 3rd world countries to help eradicate disease and now an internet rumor is that he wants to track everyone or control them through vaccines.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/bill-gates-id2020/

We vaccinate our cattle, it is the same with humans. The goal is to activate a certain immune response so that we can fight off the infection.

If the technology existed to make a vaccine that caused sterility, nobody would be dumb enough to keep it a secret and give it to people for free. They'd patent it and make a billion dollars selling it as a veterinary product or for people who choose not to have children.

What most people may not know is that the vaccine companies have immunity against lawsuits. that happened around 1986 or so. They were being sued for injuries and losing in court. They went to congress and said we are getting out of the vaccine business....for every dollar they made they were spending 20 in lawsuits.
So congress passed a law giving them immunity against lawsuits. Thats kind of chilling ......no matter what happens to you there is no recourse against the vaccine company.

Sterility and tracking devices being in vaccines aren't really the issue. Vaccines especially new ones can and do have pretty serious side effects on occasion. Being a rushed development and production doesn't exactly ease the possibility for these issues. If you want to wear a mask go for it, want to get vaccinated go for it you are free to do so. Just bear in mind others are and should be free not to do so if they choose. If your vaccine is effective you are much more of a threat to them then they are to you. Sit back shut up and let natural selection do it's thing.

They still can't figure out or isolate what causes the "genetic flyer" for lack of a better term for this disease. While there are certain things age, obesity, and diabetes etc. that make you higher risk there is something that sets it off in certain people particularly how it affects their blood. Plenty of high riskers that have gotten over it then otherwise healthy people that crash and burn. Until they find some answers for that not sure you will see a lot of change in the results of this disease. All that being said and death toll being what it is the overall risk is still fairly low. Caution and common sense are certainly in order however the fear based police state and media driven dramatization of it is past its prime at this point.

What most people may not know is that the vaccine companies have immunity against lawsuits. that happened around 1986 or so. They were being sued for injuries and losing in court. They went to congress and said we are getting out of the vaccine business....for every dollar they made they were spending 20 in lawsuits.
So congress passed a law giving them immunity against lawsuits. Thats kind of chilling ......no matter what happens to you there is no recourse against the vaccine company.

That's not really how it works. Manufacturers are still liable for manufacturing errors or inadequate labeling; they just can't be sued for known side effects. For example, if a vaccine is known to cause allergic reactions in a small number of people and that risk is stated on the label, the manufacturer is immune. If the manufacturer accidentally puts a toxic ingredient in the vaccine or fails to warn the public of a side effect, they're no longer immune.

Even for cases where the vaccine manufacturer is immune, a portion of all vaccine sales goes to a victim compensation fund that is managed by a federal court. This allows for compensation to legitimate victims while protecting vaccine manufacturers from the whims of juries that don't have the scientific or medical educations to consistently make fair verdicts.

Vaccine manufacture for common diseases is a low or no profit exercise for most pharmaceutical companies. It's essentially a public service. If they're going to get bankrupted for doing what essentially amounts to charity, it makes sense for them to just quit. Something needed to be done to prevent that from happening.

Sterility and tracking devices being in vaccines aren't really the issue. Vaccines especially new ones can and do have pretty serious side effects on occasion. Being a rushed development and production doesn't exactly ease the possibility for these issues. If you want to wear a mask go for it, want to get vaccinated go for it you are free to do so. Just bear in mind others are and should be free not to do so if they choose. If your vaccine is effective you are much more of a threat to them then they are to you. Sit back shut up and let natural selection do it's thing.
People are free to remain unvaccinated. Insurance companies are also free to charge higher rates for unvaccinated people, private businesses are free to refuse to serve the unvaccinated, etc. Freedom works in all directions.

Its funny how it seems that all the healthy people are being blamed for making those that are sick...sick.
Not wearing masks etc,. then it will be those who aren't vaccinated are the ones spreading it.
Why can't i strengthen my immune system by taking adequate amounts of Vitamin D. C...zinc...not the ridicules RDA that the g-ment tells us is all we need.
Vitamin D is one of the best things for your immune system. I've talked to several people who have had their D levels tested and everyone of them tested low. Now we are entering winter where almost no one can get enough D without supplementation. and almost everyone has chronic Vitamin C deficiency and don't even know it.
we've been brainwashed that we have to have a drug/pill or a vaccine to be healthy and its simply not so.

Only if they can also refuse blacks, whites, gays, straights, diabetics, smokers, etc.etc.etc. I agree freedom is freedom and equality is equality. They can force a vaccine but not outlaw abortion? Is the argument about saving innocent lives or not. Freedom to choose extends beyond a woman's womb. Not trying to get off subject just putting perspective on it.

And I agree wholeheartedly with this statement.

Read Buck's response above. This happened in the early 90's primarily because of the DPT vaccines given to newborns. The Pertussis component of the vaccine can cause a fever and sometimes have other more serious side effects. A lot of parents who had autistic children blamed the vaccine. So Congress set up the Fund.

But, it is not only vaccine Makers that get protection from lawsuits. Medical Device Manufacturers also have this protection without having the benefit of a"Fund" for the public. It is called Federal preemption.

CDC report on mask mandates.
Kansas 105 counties, 24 adhered to the mask mandate, 81 opted out.
6% decrease in Covid cases in the 24 counties during the same time period
while the cases in the other 81 counties were increasing.

I did not see the actual numbers released, which leads me to wonder if there might be a bit of propaganda puffing going on or if there were other factors involved.
But it appears mask mandates do provide some benefit.

Last edited: