covid

Help Support CattleToday:

Best of luck and health to all who decide to take it. I will not continue to discuss this issue.
I agree, I hope the best for all whether taking the vaccine or not. Neither my wife or I have ever taken a flu shot, have always been skeptical of those, so definitely concerned about this new one for sure.

CB but you guys say we mask wearers are afraid. Lol. By the way it's been tested on over 80,000 people in clinical trials with no problems. Probably a million have received it by now. Hope you make it til the next model comes out.

CB but you guys say we mask wearers are afraid. Lol. By the way it's been tested on over 80,000 people in clinical trials with no problems. Probably a million have received it by now. Hope you make it til the next model comes out.
If you believe it protects you then why are you worried about us that don't want it.
That's liberal ideology to force one beliefs on another.
Get as many as you want.

If you believe it protects you then why are you worried about us that don't want it.
Get as many as you want.
Funny thing... you won't find anyone who doesn't want the vaccine trying to force others not to take........

I had a horrible reaction to the flu shot the one time I had one. Makes me think as bad as that reaction was what would this one be. Not planning to take it as this point based on my past reaction. Everyone has their opinion, bottom line I think each person should do what they feel comfortable with. Not my place to judge others.

Funny thing... you won't find anyone who doesn't want the vaccine trying to force others not to take........
Look back on history. It was never the guy who said I want to be left alone and be responsible for me that waged war on others. It was ALWAYS the people who thought they knew best for every one else that caused the problems. The always justified their cause by saying it was for the greater good (of their group).

We have seen this time and time again but its amazing how fairly smart people have no problem going right down the same path.

Get as many as you want.
CB I guess we just hate to think about old dinosaurs like your killing yourself off by doing nothing. I won't profit a bit if you live or die but I would miss jawing with you off and on. I see you non believers constantly posting about how there is little to nothing about Covid as if to say "If I say it enough even I will begin to believe it".

I seen a good friend today for the first time in 6 weeks. He contracted Covid before Thanksgiving and can barely get into his pickup today. Lost probably 50 lb. Still could hardly breath. Normally he operates a log loader but I doubt he will be able to do that again before spring. He is 63 and in decent health before this. Gonna make me think about the vaccine now.

Last edited:
Get as many as you want.

If you actually understood why & how masks work and the science behind them you would also understand that the masks don't offer much protection TO the wearer. It offers protection to those interacting WITH the wearer.

The surgeon doesn't wear his mask to prevent him from getting a microbe FROM the patient. His masks protects the person having surgery. The same concept applies to the general public in regards to masks and Covid19.

This decades old concept has been stressed over and over again, but there are still a few that simply can't/won't understand it. A case of "We can explain it TO you but we can't understand it FOR you".

Just something to consider in your near future....
vaccinations administered

As of Dec 20, over 272,000 Americans have received the Pfizer Covid 19 shots. As of yesterday, Monday Dec 21 2020 9am Eastern time, CDC reports that 614,117 US vaccinations have been given.
There have been approx 6 adverse reactions to the shots, (approx 1:100,000) none overly serious, no one has died from the vaccinations, all were treated and all recovered and it's in line with the number of reactions to any other medication or vaccination. Approx 1:100 people are allergic to seafood, and approx 1% of the US population is allergic to common aspirin.
In other words (in regards to the Covid vaccinations reactions) :
"Nothing to see here folks..move along..move along".

[h3][/h3]

If you actually understood why & how masks work and the science behind them you would also understand that the masks don't offer much protection TO the wearer. It offers protection to those interacting WITH the wearer.

The surgeon doesn't wear his mask to prevent him from getting a microbe FROM the patient. His masks protects the person having surgery. The same concept applies to the general public in regards to masks and Covid19.

This decades old concept has been stressed over and over again, but there are still a few that simply can't/won't understand it. A case of "We can explain it TO you but we can't understand it FOR you".

vaccinations administered

As of Dec 20, over 272,000 Americans have received the Pfizer Covid 19 shots. As of yesterday, Monday Dec 21 2020 9am Eastern time, CDC reports that 614,117 US vaccinations have been given.
There have been approx 6 adverse reactions to the shots, (approx 1:100,000) none overly serious, no one has died from the vaccinations, all were treated and all recovered and it's in line with the number of reactions to any other medication or vaccination. Approx 1:100 people are allergic to seafood, and approx 1% of the US population is allergic to common aspirin.
In other words (in regards to the Covid vaccinations reactions) :
"Nothing to see here folks..move along..move along".

[h3][/h3]
I understand perfectly and I am still not wearing your hide from the world mask.
There are a lot of things out there with a lot lower than 99% survival rate.
You continue to live in your bubble if that's what makes you feel safe.

My hesitations with this or any new vaccine are not immediate reactions but more long term effects. Immediate results are hard to hide and easy to know.
fair enough, as long as you're also aware of the long term issues it looks like Covid has
Some skepticism is certainly healthy in everything, but paranoia not so much

Very aware, it's a damned if you do damned if you don't scenario. Really not a good place to go and get a straight answer on anything especially this virus.

Hi everyone, I don't post much, but I thought I would jump on and give my up close and personal covid experience, maybe it will help someone else. I think I'm like most of you are, not really all that worried about it. I wear a mask where I have to and live life. I'm 46, great shape (I thought), wife and 6 kids, and I don't spend much time indoors.

Dec 7 I had a cold, that night was told by my day job a coworker was positive, I had to take off pending my test results. Tested positive on the 8th, pretty miserable headache and cold, but no big deal. They made me take off of work for 10 days. Cut firewood, weighed calves, finished up a fencing project, really productive couple of days. Felt fine by the 10th, thought it was over. Woke up early morning on the 13th with a new nasty cough, and a fever over 103. Doc said go to ER and get a chest xray. Said I had either bronchitis or Covid pneumonia. Sent me home with steroids and a z-pack and told me to buy a pulse ox meter. Said if I can't keep it at 90 get to er, below 85 call an ambulance. Kept working around the farm, prepping for the snow in the forecast. Felt worse every day, but still about 92-93 on the meter, so I kept moving. Snowed on Wednesday, so I stayed in. By Friday a walk to the bathroom had me out of breath. Meter had me about 88, and it wouldn't rise. Back to the ER. O was at 86, so they didn't fool around. Admitted me right away, started me on oxygen and Remdisivir that night. CT scan showed pneumonia in both lungs. They kept asking, "are you a smoker, asthma, do you have COPD?" None of the above. I asked why I'm in this position and they would just say "it's a weird virus." Got an iv of remdisivir each night (5 doses), an iv antibiotic each day to prevent "covid related bacterial infections in the lungs", a shot in the stomach to prevent "covid related pulmonary embolisms", and iv steroids each day. The cough was the worst, but it's improving. Got home last night, but I'm still on 3L of oxygen. They say everyone improves at their own pace, just move as much as I can, and work on weaning off the O.

Wish I had a great moral to the story. It seems to be a very random virus with way more questions than anwers. So far, my wife (has asthma), and my kids (some of them have asthma) have the sniffles, and nothing more. If you get it, maybe try to take it a little easier than I did for a few days, then again, maybe it wouldn't have mattered. Do buy a pulse ox meter, they are about $30, that little thing told me it was time to get help. Might post more the next few days, all I can do is look out the window and wish I were out there. Thinking of telling my son to move the replacemnt heifers closer to the house so I can check on them from the window!

Just lost a dentist friend Monday.........he wore masks, gloves.....all the gear.......as per usual............was in good shape for his age.
In hospital for a few weeks......had improved.......his wife said...."his lungs were mush". And she's a straight shooting woman.