Court of Public Opinion - Beefmaster Bull Calf

Help Support CattleToday:

East Caney

Reaction score

Forgive the improper stance…that's the best I could do with the time I had. I'm looking for as many thoughts as I can get. If you want to rip him, rip him. If you want to praise him, praise him. I would just like complete and honest opinions that say what you see and why it will or won't work. In advance, I thank all who are willing to share their opinions.

EC

He's a very nice bull calf!! What's his breeding? I think he's long and thick. He looks like a bull and I like that look.

he is a nice looking bull calf.how old is he and what is his breeding.he is a thick bull calf.looks tobe worth seeing how he grows off.

Good looking bull. How old is he? I have some beefmasters and am well pleased with the calves they raise. They grow off fast.

Dewlap looks about normal for a beefmaster, but I too would like to see less sheath, tho, he may "grow into it".
He looks good. If you were from New Caney Texas, (15 miles from me) I'd be over there trying to talk you out of him.
Age?

Very nice calf. Like others said id like to clean him up a bit underneath but using him on angus cows... the off spring would be the keeping kind. Im too curious about age, weight, and bloodlines.

If I were breeding him to purebred BM's, I would like to see a touch less loose leather up front. If breeding him to English or Continental cross cattle, then I can't find any fault whatsoever. His sheath could be possibly be a little better, and can't see the feet....but that's nothing a little PhotoShop and straw can't fix! All in all, I don't find anything that would prevent me from purchasing him if I were looking for a BM bull..!!

Taurus":2t3coyd1 said:
He's a good looking bull but I don't like his sheath.

Do you dislike the sheath to the point that you would cut him?

Chappydog":2t3coyd1 said:
I really like him. How old is he ?

208 days. He was born December 30th, and the picture was taken on July 26th. My estimate is that he's in the mid 6's for weight.

dieselbeef":2t3coyd1 said:
lotta dewlap? I got a paint heifer looks just like that..nice ...id run him on my purebreds

Yes, there's definitely some extra leather...more than it would be my goal to produce. That's why I'm wanting everyone to look at the total package and determine if the rest of the bull is sufficient to deal with the extra leather.

Gators Rule":2t3coyd1 said:
If I were breeding him to purebred BM's, I would like to see a touch less loose leather up front. If breeding him to English or Continental cross cattle, then I can't find any fault whatsoever. His sheath could be possibly be a little better, and can't see the feet....but that's nothing a little PhotoShop and straw can't fix! All in all, I don't find anything that would prevent me from purchasing him if I were looking for a BM bull..!!

I purposefully let the weeds grow to cover up all my feet and leg problems. :D He's sound on his feet.

He goes back to Lasater breeding. He and his dam are out of Lasater bulls.

EC

Very good calf. The others have pointed out the obvious areas that a person would clean up a little. If crossed on an Angus or Hereford he would produce some very nice calves. I know several who feed in the lots around here that still like a little ear on them. One told me he likes 1/8 to 1/4 Brahma in them. I'm an Angus/Hereford person but admire good cattle of any breed.

Latest posts