could someone calrify scours

Help Support CattleToday:

tnrichie

Reaction score
i have a few calves thats feces are sorta lose and brown is this a form of scours.....i always thought as scours as being yelowwish in color and watery.could someone verify scours and the types of scours for me

Go to mycattle.com that is where I pasted the following statement from.

What causes calf scours? As new calves arrive, so does the threat of the common condition known as "calf scours" or neonatal calf diarrhea. Infectious agents such as viruses and bacteria cause this condition. These agents have the common property of causing a net loss of water and electrolytes from the calf's body via the gut.

Go to mycattle.com that is where I pasted the following statement from.

What causes calf scours? As new calves arrive, so does the threat of the common condition known as "calf scours" or neonatal calf diarrhea. Infectious agents such as viruses and bacteria cause this condition. These agents have the common property of causing a net loss of water and electrolytes from the calf's body via the gut.

Keep an eye on the calf and you'll know when they have them...if it doesn't patty up on the ground you may have a problem starting, if it squirts or runs all over the south end then you definately have a problem. Treat immediately, calves are lost when scours go unnoticed and untreated.

Latest posts