Copperhead cheats death twice in one night

Help Support CattleToday:

Fly-guy

Reaction score
We got home this evening while it was totaly pitch black out and drove up on a big ole owl in our driveway that had a 18" copperhead pinned down. Unfortunately the owl turned loose of the snake when it took off and when I realized that it wasn't dead, it gave the snake just enough time to disappear into the tall grass. Still haven't figured out how the owl was able to catch it because as I said before, it was pitch black out.

I think this owl must have had night vision goggles because when I saw them, it was totaly dark out. I'm still kicking myself for letting the copperhead get away. It was one of three lucky one's as he was the third one to get away from me since we've lived here.

Fly-guy":284zn7l1 said:
I think this owl must have had night vision goggles because when I saw them, it was totaly dark out. I'm still kicking myself for letting the copperhead get away. It was one of three lucky one's as he was the third one to get away from me since we've lived here.

At least you gotta owl keeping watch over your snakes... :nod:

Fly-guy":1no5mee4 said:
you saved his life, no way will he bite you now :cowboy:

Limomike":311gm00x said:
Fly-guy":311gm00x said:

At least you gotta owl keeping watch over your snakes... :nod:

Didn't plan on using an owl to watch our snakes as we hired a whole platoon of cats to protect us after my better half was bitten by one several years ago.

Fly-Guy -- Owls are night hunters. Snakes, mice, rats, rabbits, moles, your small barn cats or little puppies are all owl bait. Seeing an owl attack anything in day light is rare.

Kathie in Thorp":1vjtdp92 said:
Fly-Guy -- Owls are night hunters. Snakes, mice, rats, rabbits, moles, your small barn cats or little puppies are all owl bait. Seeing an owl attack anything in day light is rare.

We've beenwondering where two of our cats went, maybe just owl bait?

Latest posts