Coolbot for walk in cooler.

Help Support CattleToday:

That's the what I've been reading online and looking to go. I bought a used 8x6 walk-in ice house the Amish built with 10" of cork in the walls and roof years ago for $45 at an auction. Then I took apart an old pop machine and had that compressor in there for a while but it died on me. Then I quit hunting for a while but now I'm getting the itch again and need to fire the old cooler back up again. I been looking for a complete unit without going the window ac unit route but your looking at around $600 to get a complete unit.

Love it. We built one about 3 years ago to hang our beef to age. We butchered a steer that "needed" to go in June. I was a bit more nervous of the a/c over heating or freezing up because of working so hard in mid summer for 3 weeks, but it worked like a champ. I wish we had know of these when we lived in Idaho and harvested moose, elk, and buffalo. It would have been a game changer for me cutting up those big carcasses.

seems outrageously priced to me!

I just bought a 1hp Copelmatic compressor for our walk in cooler on ebay for $300... brand spanking new.. that unit rebuilt is about $1300

callmefence":2m4xra8x said:
Farm Fence Solutions":2m4xra8x said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xhbkRzEGiU&t=4s

Ol' buddy of mine did it.

Yes he was my inspiration actually.

He was just here last week. Sold him an airboat hull I bult. Picture poster uper button quit me a day or two ago, or I'd post a pic of him and his wife picking up the boat. I'll shoot you his number if you want.

Nesikep, I thought it was a little steep as well. I first read about doing this on an archery forum and a few of the members had used a Johnsons controller at $70. Sounded easy so we bought that first.....just wasn't smart enough to program the thing. So if you have the knowledge there is a cheaper way. BTW that forum has an epic 22 or so page following of that subject.

So my experience with the cool bot has been very good so far. It's done everything exactly like the manual says it will. I'm using a 10,000 BTU 110 on 4x8x8 it will pull down the temp to 35degrees in a couple of hours. Had some icing up problems at first. But the manuals instructions solved it perfectly.
Nice to buy something that works. We still don't have the hanging hooks installed, deer season got here before we finished.

Nice buck! You are gonna love this set up. Best part is you will never have to deal with that "last few pieces in the slimy melted ice water in your ice chest.....and when you get tired of cutting up meat you can stop.

Hook2.0":1astlvqj said:
I've had one for about 5 years or more. No problems at all from it. Just oversize the Ac, and everything will work fine. The website has a good suggestion page in which brands work best etc.

Good point.....not every brand/model of ac will work with the coolbot. You need to do your homework before purchasing the ac.

Latest posts