convert FEL to quick attached?

Help Support CattleToday:

saltbranch

Reaction score
I have a Case 485 that I use a ratchet rake on and I basically use it like small bull dozer clearing brush around our place. Having driven some newer, smaller tractors with the quick attach. I am getting the itch to convert this old beast. Is it worth converting this old tractor? I want to do it, then I don't. I think just by the design of the old tractor, seeing the attachment will be hard to do. I think I might lose to strength in the quick attach mount vs the 4 pin mount I have now.
Any thoughts, been the done that advise?
thx

You probably can find the attachment for your loader, as they are expensive. I would measure the loader good at the width/end, take some pictures and go to some auctions. If you can find a bracket that mounts the same width and hooks to you cylinders right it probably want cost you over $300-$400 for the bracket. Then get a quick attach plate and weld on you loader bucket and other attachments. You can get some nice heavy skid steer plates for $100-$125 free shipping from Ebay delivered to you door step.

I would cut the ears off the back of your bucket and then buy the skid steer quick attach pin boxes and weld them to your cut off ears (this way you don't have to worry about making new mounts with the correct pin holes and spacing. Then a quick attach plate welded onto your bucket and other attachments and your good to go.

Something like this for your loader arms.
https://www.palletforks.com/weld-on-qui ... gK_MfD_BwE

chevytaHOE5674":2lc7qvev said:
I would cut the ears off the back of your bucket and then buy the skid steer quick attach pin boxes and weld them to your cut off ears (this way you don't have to worry about making new mounts with the correct pin holes and spacing. Then a quick attach plate welded onto your bucket and other attachments and your good to go.

Something like this for your loader arms.
https://www.palletforks.com/weld-on-qui ... gK_MfD_BwE

This is exactly what I would do.

Use a 7" or 9" cut off wheel and slice through the welds. Should be a matter of minutes.

You won't regret it, adds a lot of value to the tractor and loader, and attachments are more common and less expensive.

Latest posts